Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

New (Free) Ground Crew Voice Pack released for AXE

Here you go:-

If you extract this into the "Sound_ASC" folder (Within your "Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base" folder), and select to overwrite it will fix the problem with the Captain calling "Takeoff" at the same time as the FO calling "FMA Checks".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/ASC_PF_TakeOff.zip

This can be used with (and will improve) any version of the Captains's Voice Pack (v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 or v1.3).

I will also roll this into the next main release (v1.4) which will be the last, for this particular pack.

:smile:

Hi Dave.

Thank you, very nice pack.

About this fix, now Captain doesn't say take-off as AAX default previously, you can include it too as in 1.3 default, but more early to don't overlap FMA check? Can you?

Chirag, this new file from the dropbox doesn't overla anymore. And it will be included in a v1.4 ...

But Captain now doesn't says "Take-off"...

Sorry! Corrected my post already.

No problem Oli.

Btw Dave it's just 1 second more early and will be nice adjusted ;)

Hi Dave.

Thank you, very nice pack.

About this fix, now Captain doesn't say take-off as AAX default previously, you can include it too as in 1.3 default, but more early to don't overlap FMA check? Can you?

+ 1 !!!   :lol:

(Now that I got it ...)

Hi,

Just to clarify things;-

Yes, in this version, the Captain states something like "Ok, let's go" and the FO then says "FMA Checks".   Not all SOPs require the captain to say "Takeoff" as the advancing of the throttles marks his decision to move to take-off.  So in this version, following a successful Before Takeoff Checklist the captain states [something like] "Ok, let's go", and in correct timing, the FO states "FMA Checks".  smile.png

To me, the Captain marking his takeoff more instinctively sounds more natural, however if this is unpopular, I will provide an alternative sound file, where the captain will return to saying "Take Off", (but this time the timing will be fixed, and the FO will wait until after he has said "TakeOff", before calling "FMA Checks").

Hi,

Just to clarify things;-

Yes, in this version, the Captain states something like "Ok, let's go" and the FO then says "FMA Checks".   Not all SOPs require the captain to say "Takeoff" as the advancing of the throttles marks his decision to move to take-off.  So in this version, following a successful Before Takeoff Checklist the captain states [something like] "Ok, let's go", and in correct timing, the FO states "FMA Checks".  smile.png

To me, the Captain marking his takeoff more instinctively sounds more natural, however if this is unpopular, I will provide an alternative sound file, where the captain will return to saying "Take Off", (but this time the timing will be fixed, and the FO will wait until after he has said "TakeOff", before calling "FMA Checks").

Thank you Dave.

Btw, really nice work.

Hi,

Just to clarify things;-

Yes, in this version, the Captain states something like "Ok, let's go" and the FO then says "FMA Checks". Not all SOPs require the captain to say "Takeoff" as the advancing of the throttles marks his decision to move to take-off. So in this version, following a successful Before Takeoff Checklist the captain states [something like] "Ok, let's go", and in correct timing, the FO states "FMA Checks". smile.png

To me, the Captain marking his takeoff more instinctively sounds more natural, however if this is unpopular, I will provide an alternative sound file, where the captain will return to saying "Take Off", (but this time the timing will be fixed, and the FO will wait until after he has said "TakeOff", before calling "FMA Checks").

Dave,

this is understood (now :blush: ) and complied with ...

Ok,

For those that are happy with the Captain calling "Ok, let's go", here's the voice file for that (It's just the same as one linked further up the thread, so if you already installed that; you're done) :-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/ASC_PF_TakeOff.zip

For those that prefer a more formal Captain, who calls "Take Off", here is a voice file for that :-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/ASC_PF_TakeOff_%28Alternative%29.zip

Either (you cannot use both :smile:) needs to be placed into the Airbus's "Sound_ASC" folder.

The timing with the FO's "FMA Check" call, is fixed on both. :wink:

Cheers. 

Hi Dave

As I use the GSX pushback which is far more realistic that the in-built AAX push-back which tends to take a wide sweep instead of GSX's sharper 90 degree turn, is there a way to merge that GSX pushback with whatever brilliant voicepacks you have so cleverly created? Or is that a completely different re-write of the code? Maybe somebody else has some further ideas on this?

Hi Dave

As I use the GSX pushback which is far more realistic that the in-built AAX push-back which tends to take a wide sweep instead of GSX's sharper 90 degree turn, is there a way to merge that GSX pushback with whatever brilliant voicepacks you have so cleverly created? Or is that a completely different re-write of the code? Maybe somebody else has some further ideas on this?

Hi,

I use my GSX myself (and love it), although admittedly more for boarding/deboarding visuals, than for it's pushback. 

I just looked in GSX's sound folders and there are 16 audio files relating to push back.

It would certainly be pretty straightforward to replace these with alternatives, but the AXE sounds in this area don't equate to the GSX sounds, so using the AXE voice pack files wouldn't give good results, and you'd have constant clashes and mis-timings.

However, I will take a look at producing an alternative Ground Crew Pack for GSX though... :wink:

Thanks Dave.

But it isn't possible something like Aerosoft had done? "Ok, let's go, take-off", as you had done initially but with F/O FMA check adjusted?

Thanks Dave.

But it isn't possible something like Aerosoft had done? "Ok, let's go, take-off", as you had done initially but with F/O FMA check adjusted?

No.   Aerosoft did not have "Ok let's go take off", they just had "Take off" ...... that was the problem. My longer audio file was what caused the clash.   The timings cannot be changed; they are a coded part of the product; only the sound files are changed.

Anyway, people have the option of "Ok Let's go"  or  "Take off" now, so hopefully that's good enough.  :wink:

No.   Aerosoft did not have "Ok let's go take off", they just had "Take off" ...... that was the problem. My longer audio file was what caused the clash.   The timings cannot be changed; they are a coded part of the product; only the sound files are changed.

Anyway, people have the option of "Ok Let's go"  or  "Take off" now, so hopefully that's good enough.   :wink:

Please check this file: ASC_PF_TakeOff (Aerosoft).

Captain says "Ok, let's go, take-off".