Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Looking around for a good cpu

Hello forum, and good morning!

Haswell is out, at last, so the time is right to consider a cpu upgrade for FSX. I am still relying on my E8400 @ 4.00 Ghz, and I am currently looking at the following three cpu:

I7-4700k

I7-3770K

I7-2700K

I am after a good cpu to overclock, will add liquid cooling to my rig. The only game I run is FSX. What is your suggestion? From the few reviews I read so far, it seems the Haswell model is not so great for overclocking, or at least nont as great as everyone anticipated. Well, I am open to any input and suggestion, let's point out I am looking for the most appropriate cpu to run FSX.

Looking forward to your inputs,

Enrico

The only game I run is FSX.

FSX runs just as well on an i5 as an i7 if money is a concern.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Not hearing much good post release feedback on the Hazwell. The 3770K is around 10% better clock for clock with the Sandy Bridge 2700K. The 2700K will overclock more though to around 5Ghz with decent cooling. The ceiling on the 3770K seems to be around 4.5 Ghz without de-lidding. Overall, I'm pleased with the 3770K.