Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Advice with Page File and Antialiasing settings

Guest Terblanche

Ive upgraded my machine. Could someone please give advice what will be the best settings for your Page File. With 1Gb RAM I see if I set it to "System Manage Size" ... it is 1.6Gb?In the GeForceFX5900XT properties settings, please give me advice on the Antialiasing settings?Anisotropic filtering?(What will these settings do to performance and/or quality?Vertical sync ... ON or OFF?Anisotropic optimization ... ON or OFF?Thanx for the help.Terblanche

Guest SoarPics

With regard to the paging file see the links in post #5 in this thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=554&page=About the video card settings... these are all system, card and driver dependent. Try AA at 2X and 4X to see how your system does. Also, try AF at 4X and 8X in combination with the aforementioned AA settings. Run with vertical sync ON (or application preference if your tweaker has that option). I'll have to defer to nVidia owners about the aniosotropic optimazation (I'm an ATI user).Hope this helps,Greg

About the page file..Running some monitoring tools within XP I determined that with FS9 my page file was always around 450 MB max. So what I did I set the minimum page file size at 600 MB but did not set the max. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

First of all, with XP, you are best off letting Windows manage your pagefile... but if you absolutely want to control it, I'd suggest setting it to something like 768 Meg min and 1536 Meg max.Now to your second question: AA smoothes the jagged lines along straight edges like airplane wings, runway markings, and mountain ranges. 2X is fine, 4X is better (but may affect framerates).AF filters ground textures and gives you a more lifelike scenery, especially in the "mid-distance". 4X is what I use, but try 8X as well.

Bert