Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain420

AlacrityPC FSX optimization help

I have downloaded and installed this app that has been recommended by some of you on here. However I want to make sure I'm setting this up properly and understand how it works before I screw something up.

There are 2 default profiles, Vista and XP. Should I create a new one or use on of the defaults? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. Could someone tell me exactly all the services and apps or what not that I need to add under the Services and Programs tab?

In order to start this, I load up AlacrityPC each and evertime and hit START button before launching FSX? Do I have to leave this app running in the background while using FSX?

Also under the Optimization tab and Autostart tab do I need to change anything there? Currently I have notepad.exe under the autostart tab. And my optimization tab has the following:

(Checked) Defragment memory    Repeat 0 Times 

(Checked) Shutdown/restart Windows Shell/Desktop

(Checked) Remove Desktop Wallpaper

(Checked) Shutdown/restart Windows Sidebar (Vista Only)

Under my system notification tray area, I tried to exit out as many apps as I can. The only thing thats there are my Realtek Audio Manager, and Intel Rapid Storage Technology, which I'm not sure if it's save to end that process or not so I left that alone.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you go to the DX10 forum and ask PJ, he has a profile you can download.

That's a great guide Arnie, thanks for sharing.