Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Flight One FSWater.

I have just installed a new instance of FS9, and am adding some of the texture / performance enhancements that have been released over time. I have the CD that Flight One gave out at the Denver conference, and am contemplating this in place of some of the water texture sets that I have tried before. Has anyone tried FSWater and have any comments about how it looks and any performance issues? Thanks, Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would go ahead and install. It has as part of it's utility to change back to default if you don't like it. See if you like it or not. I do and it is fun to play around with the textures available.

As far as the appearance of the textures - I like them a lot. Textures are so much of a personal preference thing. I like the wave action of FS Water over any other textures out there (many don't have any wave effects at all).Regarding performance, I noticed no change in performance at all with FS Water.

Agree with Craig. No performance hit and textures are highly subjective. I like them a lot.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)