Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Simheaven question

Hi folks,

I notice there are country as well as continent sceneries and therein lies the confusion.

Are the country 2012 OSMs more detailed than the continent 2013, or are the continents exactly the same, just a bundle if you like of the countries?

Bit confusing, so if someone can enlighten me that would be great.

SimHeaven seems to be well named and a real XP saviour! :) 

Dave

Dave,

I asked that same question and was told that the Copntinent packages are bundles of the Country sceneries.

I ended up downloading and installing only the OSM + Autogen continents.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I tried the Hong Kong package and didn't care for the photoscenery so uninstalled. Is it possible to just have the osm data and autogen over default textures?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Dave,

I asked that same question and was told that the Copntinent packages are bundles of the Country sceneries.

I ended up downloading and installing only the OSM + Autogen continents.

Thanks for that, no need to download any more than the continents then.

I tried the Hong Kong package and didn't care for the photoscenery so uninstalled. Is it possible to just have the osm data and autogen over default textures?

Yes, that's waht you get by default, at least for Europe OSM + Autogen :-)

But, I've been enjoying so much the Orthoscenery, that I don't want any other for my RL flying areas...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

the photosceneries are outstanding for vfr flying. and no framerate impact on my machine...

and for osm, he plans a dynamic version.

osm for good covered areas, the rest autogen. i'm really looking forward to see how that works out... In my opinion that's the way, LR should go as well...

Sure glad I was sitting down at the computer desk....would have keeled over, otherwise!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded and installed OSM_North America +Autogen and the same for Europe.

I tried out Moncton International, New Brunswick, in the Baron...and like I said, almost fell out of the chair!

OMG!  What a difference, owning XPX a month or so ago in 'wrapper-mode', and now having a zillion custom airports (fabulous, all of 'em!), all the required libraries, as well as the two just-downloaded and installed, OSM continent files.

OMG!  Does XPX.21 ROCK!

The Bay of Fundy looks great, the highway leading into Nova Scotia 50 KM's away from Moncton is right on...you can follow it right to where the Welcome Centre is, and then head South along the coast towards Digsby (for the best sea scallops on the planet!) N.S. and then, a tour around all the harbors of this fabulous province.

XPX (...one month later...), you wouldn't recognise it from the wrapper.....

I have to defrag tonight and get another disk image loaded out to my USB WD archive HD....too many customizations of the stock XPX to be fooling around with any possible primary disk corruption scenario....JEEZ!   :)

Havin' a blast...simply havin' a blast!!!!!!!!!!

Very IMPORTANT....instructions on what sequence files should be in your Custom Scenery File txt, below:

This X-Plane 10 scenery was generated with data of openstreetmap.org, downloaded at
download.geofabrik.de/ using the Osm2xp 2.02, programmed by Benjamin Blanchet (see below).
A LOD of 35'000 was used for buildings and NO exlusions are set for objects, forests and facades.
So with this scenery you will have osm AND autogen objects.

IMPORTANT: You must have OpenSceneryX installed , as it is used for forests and 3D objects. 

Just copy this folder (Osm_...) into custom scenery folder of X-Plane 10. Be sure your sceneries
in the custom sceneries have following order (from top to bottom, see scenery_packs.ini):
  - own airports (e.g. 'YSSY Sydney')
  - original XP10 airports (e.g. 'Aerosoft - LPFR Faro')
  - regional sceneries (e.g. Landmarks Germany, Los Angeles Area)
  - OSM sceneries (e.g. this scenery)
  - addons (e.g. UrbanMaxxExtreme)
  - libraries (e.g. OpenSceneryX)
  - photorealistic sceneries (e.g. g2xpl sceneries)

This scenery was downloaded from simheaven.com. You may use it for private purpose
only. It is NOT allowed to redistribute or publish any file - or to use any part of it
in a commercial product!

Mitch'er

Isn't it great? A game changer for me, and it's free!

The OSM puts in the real-ish buildings, and the autogen nicely fills in (some of) the gaps where data is lackng.

(Note to self - must donate to Simheaven)

Dave

Well, in my case, and given that I fly mostly over Europe, I have chosen to install only the SimHeaven sceneries with OSM and No autogen.

I use Orthos for Portugal and Spain, and a detailled scenery for Lisbon and Madeira airports. The effects of the ortho scenery asre simply astounding, giving me the best sensation of being there I have ever been able to get with a sim, both graphics and smooth-wise.

The simplicity with which we are able to manage any x-plane10 add-ons, being it scenery, traffic or aircraft, is one of the strongest points in X-Plane.

Yes!!!! We should donate to that cause, which happens to be OUR CAUSE too! X-Plane10  is a great simulator, I strongly believe IT IS THE GENERIC FLIGHT SIMULATOR OF THE FUTURE, but these astounding initiatives did for it what I believe nothing / no one has done for free for the MSFS franchise.

An investment in XP10 Global or Regional is an investment for your simmer life! In just a few weeks you can have your sim, and disk, filled by the best VFR and also IFR, areas to fly over, most of it FOR FREE!!!

Main Simulation Rig: