Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbass

Black Aircraft Presentation Window

It never fails - FSX is such a lovely piece of software - NOT.

I've been having some kind of trouble getting FSX to run. The program immediately crashed after attempting to start the app. Nothing I did fixed the problem - isolating user files, removing executables, and the like. So, once again (for the 1000th time), I accessed the PMDG instructions for removing and re-installing FSX and proceeded to do it all over again.

After installing all the various pieces of FSX I now had a fresh version loaded on my system (base plus Accel plus SDK plus sp1). No problem, right? Wrong. The main user access screens display properly except the aircraft presentation box in the "Free Flight" menu. Nothing there but black. I checked several aircraft (default) but none of the aircraft displayed. I tried "flying" a number of the default aircraft buy even in the windows mode, no aircraft - just black screens. I tried replacing the default fsx.cfg file with one that I had been using on a previous installed version - still no aircraft.

The only other thing that has changed on my system is that I installed all the Windows 7 updates. Prevous to this time, I was using an original (disk) installation with no changes. I thought perhaps these updates would fix the display problem. I was apparently wrong.

I also updated my graphics card device driver in case that was the problem - Nope.

Can someone please help.

Thanks.

Frank

Current System: ASUS P6X58D Premium mobo; Intel i7-980 Extreme CPU (liq cooled); Corsair DDR3 12GB RAM; AMD Eyefinity 6 card, AMD 7900 cards - 2; ASUS HD monitors (6); 19" touch screen monitor; Windows7 Pro 64-bit; Ultra X4 1000wat PSU; and numerous USB aircraft joysticks and switches. FSX Accel +; fsuipc (payware); Vipre Internet Security; no overclock.

Oh Joy. Problem solved. I searched the forums to find posts associated with the "black screen." After reading more than 30 posts I found an entry about using the installation disk "repair" functions. While I was doubtful this would fix the problem I did it anyway (desparation). After all, this was a brand new installation. Wishful thoughts.

At any rate, the repaire fixed the black screen problem. Now all I have to do is reload all my software. Yikes!

Frank

After installing all the various pieces of FSX I now had a fresh version loaded on my system (base plus Accel plus SDK plus sp1)

Hopefully sp1 refers to the SDK sp and not FSX sp1.

You should not install FSX sp1 after installing Acceleration.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Had the same black screen problem when I tried too high of an overclock. Don't underestimate the errors an unstable overclock will cause

Yes, it was SP1 for the SDK.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm so glad to be back.....

Frank

Yes, it was SP1 for the SDK.

I'm a little late to the party, but since you have installed Acceleration you also need to install the SP2 update for the SDK that is on the FSXA disk. Just to bring everything up to match.

Hey, better late than never. :-)

Yup, I got that one too. Thus far, everything is working as it should. I've been able to add a couple of aircraft without incedent so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your input.

Frank

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,930.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now