Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Captain Sim 757 - Worth It?

I find Qwsim 757 extremely basic! No Cold and Dark cockpit support, Many problems with HD liveries! Just the sounds are good.. I installed the product with many expectation and turned out bad.. As for CS757 I have had there fs9 version of which I was satisfied enough , Also it was  complex for operating normally! :)

1y329d.jpg

I brought the QW 757 yesterday and its going to be removed from my sim so much in the VC does not work but works through the 2d panels which is not what im after, the sound pack that comes with it is basic at best ( lucky i have an RR sound pack ). Low quality VC textures and there is some issues with the night lighting provides for a bad sim imo. I dont feel the takeoff speeds are realistic as it feels like the aircraft has to much power and should use a little more runway than it does.

While the CS757 has a lot of issues i do find that 4.4 is the best version of the sim and the most stable and with an up to date nav data and a decent sound package makes for a good sim. Night lighting is a little better than the QW version and the vc textures are 100 times better.

Still both are far from perfect both are perfect examples of 'less is more' and 'more is less'

Im going to be sticking with CS757 4.4 as it is the best version out at this time ( i have the boxed version of the 757 from JF which is 4.4 ) and the 4.5 and 4.6 downloads from the captain sim web shop

-Paul-

I dont feel the takeoff speeds are realistic as it feels like the aircraft has to much power and should use a little more runway than it does.

The 757 is one very powerful bird in real life too, I believe the QW 757 got that just right. It's not supposed to be as slow climber as a 737NG or A320, it's way bey better than that. 

Personally I find the colors of CS 757 cockpit and gauges be somehow too light compared to real aircraft and QW 757, the cockpit just looks too cartoonish for my taste even if the texture resolution is higher. Thus I stick with QW 757. 

Sanaru if it was a NGX vs any other 737 then its simple, NGX thread over with but as there is only two versions of the 757 that are worth mentioning and both are far from NGX quality and both have some issues the thread could never out live its purpose.

I would love a NGX quality 757 but that will most likley never happen as its a smaller market for that aircraft. If the QW757 had a working VC instead of a 60% working VC then i would probably use that one and live with the what i feel is low quality vc textures but we can hope sp3 for the QW brings some good things :)

Mind you if the thread is not informative then yeah there is no point to keep it going.

-Paul-