Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding MCE use under Windows UAC

The following doesn't apply to Windows XP.

Starting from version 2.5.3.8, we are giving users the option to keep UAC enabled if they wish.

MCE (mce.exe) is compiled to request administrative privileges.

Because Windows prevents two applications running at different privilege level from communicating, users need to ensure all simulator executables are set to run as admin.

Right-click fsx.exe (or fs9.exe, Prepar3d.exe), select properties and tick the box "Run this program as administrator"

Ideally, both MCE and FSX are installed to the C:\Program Files ...\ folder and everything will run smoothly.

If you have either installed to a different path and you are experiencing strange behaviour, re-install MCE at least to the default folder.

Ultimately, if things aren't performing as expected, you might have to consider disabling Windows UAC.

Download  V2.5.3.9 from:

• Upvote 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest Mik75

The following doesn't apply to Windows XP.

Starting from version 2.5.3.8, we are giving users the option to keep UAC enabled if they wish.

MCE (mce.exe) is compiled to request administrative privileges.

Because Windows prevents two applications running at different privilege level from communicating, users need to ensure all simulator executables are set to run as admin.

Right-click fsx.exe (or fs9.exe, Prepar3d.exe), select properties and tick the box "Run this program as administrator"

Ideally, both MCE and FSX are installed to the C:\Program Files ...\ folder and everything will run smoothly.

If you have either installed to a different path and you are experiencing strange behaviour, re-install MCE at least to the default folder.

Ultimately, if things aren't performing as expected, you might have to consider disabling Windows UAC.

Download  V2.5.3.9 from:

Hi!

Any chance of having a change log for the new version?

And since I am a new user of MCE, how does the update process work?

Do I have to uninstall a previous version first, or can I install the new version over the existing install? Do I have to reconfigure things with a new version?

Thanks in advance for clarification!

Hi Mike

You have to uninstall your previous version first.

Standby for a changelog

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This version  only tweaks RC4 interfacing and script flows execution.

There is more to come VERY shortly ^_^ 

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Do I have to uninstall a previous version first, or can I install the new version over the existing install? Do I have to reconfigure things with a new version?

The update process is as follows...

Uninstall previous version via the Windows Control Panel, add-remove features

The \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder doesn't get deleted because it still holds the license.key file.

Download (save) the new version to your desktop.

Unzip and run "setup".

That should be all you need to do.

Because MCE is in constant evolution, with new options added every now and then, you may sometimes need to restore to factory settings in order to get the latest "mce.ini".

It's only after a resore to factory settings that you may need to redo the tweaks to "mce.ini"

At some point in the future, most new options in "mce.ini" will be available via the MCE user interface.

Guest Mik75

Thanks for clarification! Downloading it right now...

Dear Sir:  I came  across a you tube video showing how MCE works.  I went to your website and downloaded the demo.  I installed as instructed, and did voice test. No prob.  I start FSX, create a new flight, save, then run.  I am using a default 737.  When I start MCE, the opening window opens, and I hear some atc chatter. At the bottom of the window a text scrols by saying waiting for copilot to enter cockpit.  No other screens open.  After a few seconds, the message pops up saying Demo versian has expired.  HELP  Thanks  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Dear Sir:  I came  across a you tube video showing how MCE works.  I went to your website and downloaded the demo.  I installed as instructed, and did voice test. No prob.  I start FSX, create a new flight, save, then run.  I am using a default 737.  When I start MCE, the opening window opens, and I hear some atc chatter. At the bottom of the window a text scrols by saying waiting for copilot to enter cockpit.  No other screens open.  After a few seconds, the message pops up saying Demo versian has expired.  HELP  Thanks  S. Sumner

Steve,

Suggest you send the MCE Support team an email directly on support  @  multicrewxp.com (remove the spaces either side of @) and they can help you. All the best