Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

HD ground textures in FS9 (Continued...)

Thank you, Aime, for the incredible amount of work that you just gave us!  1074 texture files, folks!  Amazing.

I have not used them enough to know if I like them over my old set or not; but my first impression when looking down was very favorable.  The color saturation seems right - not cartoony like some I have seen over the years.  Some interesting details and variations.  I think I saw a few unusual areas of snow when I set the season to Spring - needs more experimenting.

Looking forward to whatever comes next!

Ron

Thanks,

But make no mistake, this is not 1024 but 256 pixels. Maybe I have to create a separate post for this (I do it: see new post "FS2004 Terra Emergence Project").

Ron, If there is snow where it should not, this is the landclass and not the textures that is responsible.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Just to clarify:  Aime's textures are the standard 256x256 size; but he uploaded 1074 of them.  Can't imagine the hours that went into that so far.

I am primarily using FSGenesis landclass.  I need to fly a lot more before stating anything definitive.

Ron, I've find a bad texture with snow visible in fall season:

Download the good one here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79445204/patch_003b2.zip

Sorry

• Like 1

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5