Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jime59

child window ?

I just purchased and installed my first A2A Simulations product, the Piper Cub with Accusim. The problem, if it is one, is that when I close FSX I get a little window that shows "can't find child's window". I've never seen or heard of this. Everything operates correctly after I close the window and I had no problems flying the plane. I was just curious as to what this is and what I should do about it.

Mods: Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong forum. I couldn't locate anything referring to A2A Simulations.

Thanks,

jime

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the link, Jim.  The message actually say's "can't create child window", not can't find. Years and years of flying and this is the first time this has happened.

Like I stated, the sim flies great, it's only when I close FSX that the message pops up. I can live with it unless it leads to further problem(s) down the road.

Again, Thanks, Jim

jime

Do pls a little simple experiment next time. When you are ready to quit FSX and while flying the "A2A Simulations product, the Piper Cub with Accusim" go to menu -> File -> End flight (not FSX). Once you are in the main FSX Entry Menu, do press Ctrl-c and Yes. Come back and report if you still got the Child Window message.

Cheers, 

I did as you requested and received no error. I flew a second flight and again, no error. On the second flight I didn't do the control c and no error came up.

Care to elaborate what I just did ?

Thanks for the assistance,

jime

You probably allowed the new add-on to create the Child Window at least once. Now it seems that afterwards, it has all it needs to close itself along FSX.

Cheers,