Sign in to follow this  
iflygary

CT206H Sound

I was wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has noticed a minimal difference in the sound when the prop and throttle is pulled back after takeoff and when the power is pulled back to almost idle.  The engine sound goes up and down and isn't constant.  Is this normal?? I'm not a sound expert but just wondering.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I have noticed that too. Not sure if it suppose to be that way or not?? I guess it comes across strange when you get use to all of your other aircraft doing it.

Cheers.

Tim...

I agree with that!, I've noticed that too...that's wrong...the real aircraft does sound different while bringing the throttle back after take off...and now there's no even minimal difference in sounds...

Also, they could be better, internal sounds at full throttle, makes a lot of noise...the real aircraft has a more "hoarse" and "silent" sound at full throttle...mostly like the Centurion...and at idle, it's almost a very very low volume sound...they need to fix that

Btw, I'm having a very annoying but weird issue with the sounds...there's a BIG HIT IN FPS with the sounds activated...I've noticed this too with the CT182T...if I mute the sounds, fps goes up to 50 or more, then if I bring back the sound, fps just drops down to even 1-10 fps... :@ I had this problem before with the CT182T, and it was very annoying!!!!!!!!, then got the TBM, B200, C90, and there's no prob with them...but now same situation with the C206...I'll report this to Carendo...I've changed the soundpack, with the Centurion, and now fps are better...but not perfect...the weird thing, is that it happens in some flights...

I have a very powerful machine...Intel core i7 (@3.4-3.8 GHz), 16GB RAM (yes I know FSX uses no more than 3GB, but I'm a photographer and I use lots of editing software, that needs extreme power!), Nvidia GTX550Ti, as my video card...so, I have a powerful machine...can't be a problem of mine...

Thanks for reporting these guys, as I am about to get it soon while been waiting for user feedback in specific areas

It seems you need to pull the throttle quite far before the engine begins to quiet down. I like to keep the throttle pushed in - I didn't pay all that extra money for a turbo charger just to cruise at 55% power   :P

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hahahaha, of course not!!!!, I always cruise at 28in mp and 2,400 rpm (67% throttle) it gives 15.4-.9 gal/hr, it's fast...