Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

We're cracking the FS9 city texture problem!

One way to beat the system is simply to provide alternative landclass textures where needed! By this I mean adding a texture folder to your landclass layer and filling that folder with custom landclass textures. Holger Sandmann and the FSAddon team did this with Glacier Bay, Tongass Fjords, and Vancouver+. I have done this with VOZ to allow myself to use the custom VOZ textures in Australia without modifying the rest to the world. Of course, that does break down a little for VOZ, since they also modified world-wide autogen, so without redoing the VOZ autogen to use a separate library, I go without the special eucalyptus and gum tree autogen they made...

But the point is that custom autogen is indeed possible. If EVERY needed texture is in that texture folder, there is no slowdown.

For those of you who follow the FSX forum discussions about ORBX, that is all FTX really is doing with their region packs and OpenLC stuff... all that discussion about lclookup.bgl is really unnecessary and obscures the simplicity of what they are actually doing.

• Like 1