Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

styckx

KHQM

I just recently got done a dream trip of mine.. Taking a train cross country.. I went from Philadelphia to Seattle (and stayed a week) via the Cardinal, and then Empire Builder. Then Seattle to LA via the Coast Starlight and stayed a week and then back home to the Philly area via the California Zephyr and Cardinal... Best trip of my life...

While in Washington State one of the first things I wanted to see was the Pacific Ocean.. The easiest place to get there from my hotel in Tacoma was Ocean Shores.. Anyone who knows the area also knows one of the most popular Orbx airports is on the way to Ocean Shores and I couldn't resist stopping in and having a burger.. Quaint little place.. Excellent friendly service and outstanding food.

OY45n3z.jpg

tVJSWS3.jpg

CvWlNr5.jpg

PuUAAb6.jpg

<p>lIBdpdF.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, doesn't that look familiar! :lol:

Thanks for sharing,

Scott

Well, doesn't that look familiar! :lol:

Thanks for sharing,

Scott

Thanks! It was very surreal. As great of a job as the simulator does scenery wise, it can't recreate the actual feel of the area..  This airport really has a "in the middle of no where" feel to it..  In the simulator you might get the impression its close to a vibrate little town but.. No.. Just a quiet little area, almost depressing in a sense..  The airport seemed dead.. No traffic at all etc..  Very strange feeling considering it was the middle of June and only about 30 minutes from the beaches. 

But.. I fell in love with Washingston State nonetheless...