Sign in to follow this  
Tony H

Can't take off

I'm using UK2000 VFR Airfields Sherburn (EGCJ).  I talk to Sherburn Radio, radio check, get airport information, get clearance to taxi, and it says in the box:

"When at runway hold, call for departure"

So (when at the runway hold) I read out:

"Sherburn radio golf november echo ready for departure"

The writing turns blue but just stays there, and I get no response.  It happens every time at this airfield.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling and I've tried repeat my callsign to Sherburn Radio.  They just forget about me.

I've turned on the cones to check that I'm going the right way and following them.

Am I doing something silly?  I did try searching for an answer to this, sorry.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Maybe they have part-time ATC or the controller was in the toilet?

Seriously though, I have experienced this in native FSX and it usually happened when I had excessive traffic.  Check that and if need be, decrease traffic and see what happens, if of course, VOXATC works similarly to FSX.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Good shout, thank you.  When I reduced the VoxATC traffic to zero I was able to take off.

When I put the traffic up to even 20% the radio is too busy.  Small airfield I guess.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.