Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

2014 FANCON Host City Voting Now Open!

The voting is now open for the location of the 2014 FANCON. If we hold a FANCON in 2014, which of the cities nominated would you like to see the FANCON held? Here's your opportunity to vote for your preference:

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=7c21797e-1e52-46ca-8abb-a1ee20d25546

We will close this voting on the 1st of November. Place your vote and let us know which city you prefer.

This post has been promoted to an article

Sorry I missed the deadline for city submission. But I feel strongly about the city I wanted to submit- Dallas, Texas. Very few if any cities have TWO major flight hubs like Dallas. American at DFW and Southwest at DAL. Think of how convenient and less expensive for the attendees to fly non-stop into Dallas. Also, DALLAS is a convention city! Lots of hotels ,restaurants, and nightlife. Now here are the aviation related things I think would make FANCON 2014 one of the best-

1. www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com   Excellent aviation museum with the worlds only flying B-29!

2. www.crsmithmuseum.org/  This is a museum about the history of American Airlines with lots of exhibits and flight sims. Also has a IMAX movie theater that has first class aircraft seats! They also rent space for special events. What a spot for an awards dinner!

3. www.flyasim.com A buddy of mine and I flew this,a full motion 737 flight sim! Maybe if enough people signup we can get a special rate!

4. American Airlines Fight Academy and Southwest Airlines train their pilots in Dallas. Possibly we can get tours of these facilities.

5. DFW has a look out area to watch airplanes arrive and depart. Maybe we can meet for lunch here! Lots of action and never boring!

6. www.flightmuseum.com This is Southwest Airlines museum. Has a full size 737 that you can walk through with onboard exhibits!

7. www.frys.com a huge computer/electronics superstore. You can literally buy everything you need to build a computer here. A must see!

As you can see Dallas would be a excellent choice! 3 of us that attended FanCon 2013 are from Tulsa, Ok. We met a guy who came from Dallas(the Southwest capt) and another from Kansas City.

Thanks,

York Eaton

York,

San Antonio, Fredrickburg and Houston are included in the poll. Dallas was not nominated and it is too late now. Texas has more nominations than any other state.