Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain420

37" TV + 30" Monitor setup for FSX

Currently I am running FSX on a 30" Apple Cinema DIsplay at 2560x1600. It's being driven by my EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4GB graphics card. I have a 37" Samsung 1080p TV sitting and collecting dust. I was curious to know if I would benefit by adding it into my existing setup to give me a better setup? 

I was thinking of using the Samsung TV as my main display for FSX, and the 30" display for the PFD, FMC, ND, and other stuff. That way on my main screen I have the entire view without any clutter of the cockpit. Just have all the stuff from the VC undocked and displayed on my 2nd screen?

Would I lose FPS performance since my gpu has to drive another display?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thankfully, cables are the cheep part of this set-up, so for a few quid you can experiment with your suggestion.

I'm running a GTX680 2GB with 3 screens in surround mode (6072X1080) and I see no reduction in frame rates on FSX from a single screen. Not sure why but good news all the same.

With the size of your screens, the trick is being far enough away to be comfortable. I sit 4.5 feet back from the centre of my set-up but you may need a little more.

If you are into VFR flying, your set-up would be great with TrackIR.

Best of luck.

How do you hook up 3 monitors into a single GPU? I don't have 3 HDMI inputs on my graphics card.

How do you hook up 3 monitors into a single GPU? I don't have 3 HDMI inputs on my graphics card.

I pinned a topic on how to set up 3 monitors in the AVSIM Monitor forum.  There are a lot of other discussions about this topic there too. 

Best regards,

Jim