Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

CRZ ALT CHANGED TO 27000 ?

I am flying a short leg, EGJJ to EGKK.  When inserting the STAR  WILLO4C the message...CRZ ALT CHANGED TO 27000 apears in the FMC?  I am only flying FL190.

Is this a bug in the nav data?

Probably not a bug.

While there is no such F270 hard altitude published for the WILLO4C AFIK (there is for the WILLO3J) it is entirely possible that while you are flying at such a relatively low CRZ ALT a STAR (when loaded) may contain a higher HARD ALT than your CRZ ALT.

Solution...cycle through the LEGs Page and check each STAR/APP WPT against the chart(s) (as done IRL)...remove the VNAV magic if in flight by going into ALT HOLD and DELete the higher (than CRZ ALT) altitude constraint from the LEGS Page.

Check the CRZ ALT on the CRZ Page and when all is as you require it to be re-engage the VNAV magic.

If you have found a bug you need to contact your NAVDATA provider.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Solution...cycle through the LEGs Page and check each STAR/APP WPT against the chart(s) (as done IRL)...remove the VNAV magic if in flight by going into ALT HOLD and DELete the higher (than CRZ ALT) altitude constraint from the LEGS Page.

Thats the problem, it won't let me change it.

Thats the problem, it won't let me change it.

You can't change the LEGS crossing restrictions?

Matt Cee

I changed it to 300/190 in the legs page ad then it says CRZ alt changed to 27000.  If that is what you mean? Where you change the individual legs speeds and heights?

Just press the DELETE key and then the Right LSK next to the crossing restriction to delete it.

John Sturm

Ok Thanks I just deleted DOMUT FL and it seemed to fix the problem.

That's what I was telling you to do...anyway...sorted by the looks of it.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

That's what I was telling you to do...anyway...sorted by the looks of it.

Yes... thank you Steve.