Hi Gents,

Hope you'all are having an excellent summer /  winter - "Highmike" . Well, it comes around about this time of year that worlds busiest airport gets changed from ? to my little neighborhood - Oshkosh (KOSH) & the EAA convention. The past few years our 'ol competitor, FS-MP, has hosted a fly-in using the published VFR procedures to get there.  

Do you all want to get on MP at one time for one, or more, short VFR flights from ? to EAA? (60- 100 nm --> KOSH) Get together, and, try to get the controllers flustered? Kiddin - the more the merrier!  

FS-MP is quite a bit different than our race style setup - No TS & No FSHost, it uses the internal FSX MP system, quite well at that.

There are quite a bit of some rules, some of which are -
- No fast movers. (not sure how that works, military jets?)
- Proper frequency tuned in cockpit for comm.
- No chat while on freq.
-The approaches to KOSH are fixed from FSMP for this event. I hope it is up to the controllers discretion for alternates. ( IE 36R, Warbird Is. 27/36(L/R), Short 27 from FISKE, 18 from the gravel pit, etc.. ) 

The official NOTAM is here - http://www.airventure.org/flying/2013_notam.pdf
And of course, the event site - http://www.fs-mp.com/

I'm thinking ,,,,, A slew of Connies, haven't tested for MP problems, to Warbird Is. (WARBD) for a 36 or 27, then do it again in your own ship. ( Vintage, Homebuilt, Warbird, etc.. )  

Discuss.

Again I hope you are all having an excellent "yellow flag" :-)

Roman

P.S. - I just reinstalled Flight Simulator 2002 and it is better than it ever was.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

FS-MP is quite a bit different than our race style setup - No TS & No FSHost, it uses the internal FSX MP system, quite well at that.

There are quite a bit of some rules, some of which are -

- No fast movers. (not sure how that works, military jets?)

- Proper frequency tuned in cockpit for comm.

- No chat while on freq.

-The approaches to KOSH are fixed from FSMP for this event. I hope it is up to the controllers discretion for alternates. ( IE 36R, Warbird Is. 27/36(L/R), Short 27 from FISKE, 18 from the gravel pit, etc.. )

No fast movers. (not sure how that works, military jets?)

Mean, no Fast Current day Military Jets..   ie  F-18   etc

(F-18, and most Freeware Military Jets  cause issues  in MP)

Warbirds are permitted.

- No chat while on freq.

= No casual Chit-Chat  on ATC Frequencies,

Chat is permitted on designated "Chit-Chat" Frequencies, and  in Text Chat.

The approaches to KOSH are fixed from FSMP for this event.

??  No they are not. All approaches, as described in the Notams, are useable, as appropriate, and realistic.

ie   Warbirds use the Warbird Arrival, and do not try to fly in trail of 90 Knot Cessna,  on the Ripon-Fiske arrival  !!

--------------------------------------------------------------

see  http://fs-mp.com/oshkosh     for  details  of  FSMP's "Virtual Oshkosk 2013"

If nothing else,  go Grab the Free Oshkosh Photo-Real and enhanced  "Scenery"

Here's a couple screenies, too tired, and too many schedule changes to hit up FS-MP more often. Only made it once :-( IT WAS A GOOD ONE THOUGH... :-)

Sunburned and sore as heck,   

Roman

Arriving with a full crowd :-) - In the 'ol Girl :-)  :Hug:

A friend showed up and parked -- "Front Row!"

IS THAT PATTY WAGSTAFF?    :clapping:

A sad time, taxi instructions for departure...  -_-

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

The storm ripped the scoreboard in half down at the softball diamond. The Fox has come up probably 3 or 4 feet since noon. I might go help sandbag tomorrow morning if I hear they need help. I have video and everything from the storm; lotsa lightning, rain, tornado sirens, and FHUNDER!!!!