Sign in to follow this  
Maribell

What a mess mess mess

I dont even know where to start deleting all of these are duplicated files divided into sections

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-089_zps4a878576.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-093_zpsbc4ca0d6.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-097_zpse968202c.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-101_zps4e5a165c.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-102_zpscd9966ce.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-103_zps1aa2c469.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-104_zps7a0d3988.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-105_zps664641fa.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-105_zps664641fa.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-107_zpsf0bf2c3f.jpg

TECHPC-2013-jul-23-108_zps6ad876cd.jpg

You should be very careful with that, even if files are very same, if you delete one of them, some scenery could be destroyed.

basic advise - fresh install and stick up with the sceneries you love and usually use, get rid from the rest. 

No reason to do a fresh install just for this. That is poor advice.

Start by using ScanAFD to help remove the duplicate AFCADs. That should be done no matter what.

The rest looks like you have installed certain scenery multiple times. As long as the scenery is not activated twice in the Scenery Library there really is no harm except for a bit of hd space.

After the duplicate AFCADs and making sure things are just activated once, I would leave things alone and go fly.

Well, call it whatever you like advise, in many cases you end up re installing the software. Sometimes it saves you time when you build up from scratch rather wasting time trying to recover. Do not forget this is Microsoft made...

The only thing he is trying to recover from is a list of duplicate files he discovered. As far as we know, his FS runs just fine. Running ScanAFD takes about a minute, reinstalling FS takes X hours. Still not good advice.

Considering the other issues Maribell has at the moment, I would go with fresh build. Im not advising here, just giving options, cheers.

Ummmm, his scenery texture issue was deemed normal and not an issue

Thank you once again guys, this is true i have way to many addons to do a fresh install the scenery issue is normal as (Jskorna) mentioned, i have no major problems at the moment just trying to cleanup a bit (ironbird) thats all lol, and the problems i had in the past ive managed to fix using LWMViewer and other great troubleshooting utilities, i do appreciate your advice. My sim rus great i m happy with it good stuff and i would be making a big sacrifice if i were to do a fresh install. Don't want to go that route unless i really have to and honestly i don't have that big of a problem if i have a duplicate (BGL)

Here most of the sceneries are disabled as i disabled them when updating them to a newer version just have to go in there and backup the disabled scenery to another folder.

Thanks again i seemed to have cleaned it up a bit more as i spent the entire night scanning through he folders and sweeping up a bit. ^_^

My guess but i think this is the way to go about it correct me if im wrong please thanks

Ok guys i see that the issue is not really Double scenerie installed , the issue is i have Libraries that are the same in different sceneries so i must go and find the duplicated libraries and just leave the onces in ez-scenery and runway 12 enabled by disabling the libraries in other scenery. 

For example i had 2 FS9_Custom_Buildings_ss_1.bgl with the same date in two different scenerie folder i noticed this through instant sceneries menu with the same exaxt objects in them and the same size

Also i realized that Instant scenery has the ability to identify not only the objects but the libraries they belong to as well winch is a huge help...wish i knew that months ago lol

You should be very careful with that, even if files are very same, if you delete one of them, some scenery could be destroyed.

From my understanding there shouldn't be two of the same libraries active in the scenery,cfg I've been told it only needs to be active in once and it will show up for all the sceneries that calls for it.

Is this statement correct im no expert but id like to make sue im going about this the right way  ^_^  If anything goes wrong i haven't been deleting the duplicated bgl's in other folders, what ive actually been doing is changing the BGL Extension to XXX Extension and placing them in a newly created Directory i made titled [Disabled] within the same folder those BGL files where in to begin with so if anything does go wrong ill simply change the XXX back to BGL and place them back B)

I've spent to much time installing this stuff in this sim so now its time to start sweeping up a bit...definitely worth the time

Now all we need is for someone to Write a program that will do this automatically kinda like the duplicate texture utility that way it will save us some time lol :lol:

The only problem with duplicate object libraries, other than wasted disc space, is when one of them doesn't have all of the required textures available in the paired texture folder.

As for disc space, the textures take up far more room than the object libraries..

And to those who read this, in all honesty, the time to think about this is way before you have 700 sceneries installed, no offense.

Now, if you truly want to clean it up, take your time, do it in small bites and when you are down to one copy of an object library, call it up in IS2 and make sure you have all of the textures.

Another way is to open the .bgl in ModelConverterX and scroll through the object list. MCX will tell you if you are missing textures.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

From my understanding there shouldn't be two of the same libraries active in the scenery,cfg I've been told it only needs to be active in once and it will show up for all the sceneries that calls for it.

I could be wrong, but if object library bgl file is not in the same folder as bgl file that places an object from that library (or in the master scenery folder), it will not work.

So it's possible to have 2 sceneries with same object library, and because of that - 2 libraries, each one in different scenery folder.

The only problem with duplicate object libraries, other than wasted disc space, is when one of them doesn't have all of the required textures available in the paired texture folder.

As for disc space, the textures take up far more room than the object libraries..

And to those who read this, in all honesty, the time to think about this is way before you have 700 sceneries installed, no offense.

Now, if you truly want to clean it up, take your time, do it in small bites and when you are down to one copy of an object library, call it up in IS2 and make sure you have all of the textures.

Another way is to open the .bgl in ModelConverterX and scroll through the object list. MCX will tell you if you are missing textures.

regards,

Joe

Thank you for this joe --> ModelConverterX i will be downloading this for sure :lol: