Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Runway lineup correction

Now and then there will be a runway with an ILS that is
off centerline.  Example > RWY 15L at RKSI (Incheon, RK)
is lined up about 200' of right of centerline.  Can this
be adjusted perhaps with the AFX program, or other....?
If it's possible to correct this, what is the best way?
BTW, the approach headings seem to be correct.  Only
the approach course lineup seems to be wrong (parallel,
but displaced to the right of the RWY centerline).
Thank you,
Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Thank you for the tip Mark.  Can you suggest where I might find a guide for adjusting localizers.  I have attempted it with ADE 1.55 but have

not been able to get FSX to show the change afterwards.  Below are the primary steps I took to attempt the edit.

Ken

My ADE 1.55 edit procedure for RKSI RWY 15L >>
1.dragged the rwy 15L ILS localizer arrow (at the rwy 33R end of the rwy) to center of rwy
2.corrected the heading to 144.74 (to match RKSI RWY 15R)
3.compiled
4.saved
5.moved the new bgl file to the FSX\addon scenery\scenery folder
6.ran makerwys.exe (not sure if this was necessary)
7.ran the Flight Sim Commander "FSC9 database manager"

You can see by the attached screen cap that the localizer is still not centered.
Did I miss something?
Thanks again,
Ken

Ken Boardman

Well, now you will have a duplicate AFCAD.

What AFCAD have you started with? The default one?

You can either try to add an exclusion rectangle in ADEX and excluce all, or deactivate the default AFCAD, by changing the *.bgl extension in something like *.off or *.bkp.

Daniel

My ADE 1.55 edit procedure for RKSI RWY 15L >>

1.dragged the rwy 15L ILS localizer arrow (at the rwy 33R end of the rwy) to center of rwy

2.corrected the heading to 144.74 (to match RKSI RWY 15R)

3.compiled

4.saved

6.ran makerwys.exe (not sure if this was necessary)

7.ran the Flight Sim Commander "FSC9 database manager"

You can see by the attached screen cap that the localizer is still not

Ken, your procedure worked for me using ADE to turn the localizer to 144.74. I did not have to move it though, just adjusted the heading. Maybe you moved it off of the centerline?

Is Addon Scenery active in the Scenery Library?

Do you have any addons for this airport?

I can't speak to FS Commander, don't own it.

Well, now you will have a duplicate AFCAD.

What AFCAD have you started with? The default one?

You can either try to add an exclusion rectangle in ADEX and excluce all, or deactivate the default AFCAD, by changing the *.bgl extension in something like *.off or *.bkp.

Daniel, there is no such thing as a "default AFCAD" and there is no need to disable any default files.

ADE handles all of that internally and disabling default files will affect many airports, sometimes in the 100s.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Daniel, there is no such thing as a "default AFCAD" and there is no need to disable any default files.

ADE handles all of that internally and disabling default files will affect many airports, sometimes in the 100s.

N60JB, The default AFCAD of RKSI is stored at Scenery/1002/scenery/AP81180.bgl and when something went wrong while compiling or if Ken used an unusual way to import it, it is possible, that the default AFCAD is still somehow dominant.

So Ken:

What AFCAD have you used to edit with ADE and how did you open it?

Have you MyTraffic installed? Because then there will be a duplicate AFCAD in the MyTraffic Folder which can "overwrite" your custom AFCAD.

Daniel

To N60JBravo and Daniel,

Thank you for helping me with this.

My FSX Addon Scenery is active.  Does it need to be re-activated after a new bgl file (RKSI) is added to it?

I originally used the ADE 1.55 File pulldown menu, "Open Stock Airport" option and then used the applet that

appeared to search for RKSI and got 1 result ("RKSI") which I beleive is the stock/default RKSI bgl file.

I do have MyTraffic installed, and there are two RKSI files in it's Scenery folder named " BR2_RKSI.bgl "

and " BR2_RKSI_CVX.bgl " .  Perhaps this is complicating things?

I also noted that "AddOn Scenery" appeared below "MyTraffic" in my FSX Scenery library list.  I will try moving

Addon Scenery to the top of the list from it's current position and see what happens.

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

To N60JBravo and Daniel,

Moving "Addon Scenery" to top of scenery library list ended the issue in FSX.  Subsequent running of the Flight Sim Commander

FSC9 Database Manager corrected the RKSI rwy 15L localizer alignment > map depiction.

Many thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.  Hope my old gray matter will remember this next time it's needed :Skull:

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman