Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nigge

Whats the real procedure before descent?

Hi!

I have been using FS2CREW for a while and everything works fine, however I have noticed something that I think is a bit wierd... probably its just my own lack of knowledge so hopefully someone can explain this...

I find it a bit strange that you have to go through the approach briefing BEFORE you start your descent, most of the time you dont get the approach clearance until something like FL180 or similar...

How are you supposed to know if you are to expect a STAR och Vectors, what decision height the runway has and so on if you dont know what approach you will be assigned?

:)

/Niklas

You could always ask ATC that STAR you can expect.

But just watch the videos on You Tube like Just Planes... they always brief way back of the TOD.

If something changes, they can just re-rebrief.

Cheers,

Absolutely. There is always a possibility to ask the ATC and most of the time I guess the pilots know by experience what the most common type of approach is...

Maybe there would be an idea of adding a possibility to have a second briefing if the approach changes?:-)

You could always ask ATC that STAR you can expect.

But just watch the videos on You Tube like Just Planes... they always brief way back of the TOD.

If something changes, they can just re-rebrief.

Cheers,