Sign in to follow this  
Flamebo

Autopilot disengage switch on the yoke problem

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to set a assigned key  for the a/p disengage switch through the FMC/key commands/autoflight (page 8/8). I can hear a "click" when I execute it but it doesn't disengage it. When I click on the a/p disengage switch on the yoke it works as it should be... Anyone can explained me how and where to set a key command to execute the a/p disengage on the yoke?

Thanks a lot in advance!

+1

I set A/P and A/T via FSX assignment (keybord and joystick (madcatz V.1)) under settings/controls/buttons+keys/autopilot:

A/P= Autopilot master (on/off) kb="Z" joystick="Button 02"

A/T= Autothrottle (arm) kb=shift+"R" joystick="Button 01"

Works perfect, as both assignments also are able to quit the aural+visual warnings (flashing red A/P and A/T indicator lights on the forward panel) via joystick.

This is quite comfortable on final approach: If visual range allows, I disconnect the A/P at 1000ft AGL, followed by A/T disconnection.

Greetings,

Claus

Anyone can explained me how and where to set a key command to execute the a/p disengage on the yoke?

If you do not run FSX as an admin, it may not save the key command, and it also may not properly execute it.  Make sure you're running FSX as an admin, and even more, make sure you have Full Permissions to the FSX directory.

Google my user name and UAC and you'll probably see about 50+ posts of me telling people how to do it.

Kyle Rodgers

+1

I set A/P and A/T via FSX assignment (keybord and joystick (madcatz V.1)) under settings/controls/buttons+keys/autopilot:

A/P= Autopilot master (on/off) kb="Z" joystick="Button 02"

A/T= Autothrottle (arm) kb=shift+"R" joystick="Button 01"

Works perfect, as both assignments also are able to quit the aural+visual warnings (flashing red A/P and A/T indicator lights on the forward panel) via joystick.

This is quite comfortable on final approach: If visual range allows, I disconnect the A/P at 1000ft AGL, followed by A/T disconnection.

Greetings,

Claus

Assigning the AP master switch is not the same as assigning the AP yoke disconnect switch, especially if you are aiming for realistic operation of the simulator. Pressing Z twice will re-engage the AP. First press of the yoke switch disengages the AP, second press silences the warning. Basically the AP master switch alternates between engaging and disengaging the AP. The yoke switch can only disengage the AP.

I use the PMDG assignments via the CDU menu with no problems at all. If there is a conflicting FSX assignment this may cause problems.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Assigning the AP master switch is not the same as assigning the AP yoke disconnect switch

Sorry, just checked it and you are absolutely right.

So FSX assignments only work for joystick buttons as it should be:

1st push: disengage, 2nd push: quit warning.

FSX keyboard assignments "Z" and "shift+R" (although assigned in the same row) perform unrealistic, as they just toggle on/off A/P and A/T.

Sorry once more for the confusion!

Greetings,

Claus

I was having the same issue, but now have it figured out. I have the exact same keyboard commands and Saitek controller mappings for the 737 ngx and 777.  On the 777 the animation of the yoke switch works when using either the keyboard, Saitek controller button or the mouse directly on the switch in the vc, however on the ngx pressing the keyboard command or the Saitek controller button will not show the animation but will behave as it should (disconnecting a/p on 1st press and silencing alarm on 2nd), but the animation does work with the mouse directly in the vc on the 737.

My problem was I was using the animation to see if the key commands and Saitek buttons were working correctly. After I finally realized the issue with the animation, I assigned keyboard commands and Saitek controller buttons (same for both 737 and 777) and everything is working correctly.

Norman Henderson