Sign in to follow this  
ab778

T7 ram memmory

hello gents i have a question and happens that i have installed the pmdg 737 ngx and reason the plane on the exterior model textures are lost and do not know how to solve this problem. and so much afraid i have pass this bug with the coming pmdg 777 ok bye 

Assuming you have the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 in the CFG this is just a case of the memory running out (as FSX can only use 4GB) as you suspect. From what I've read from PMDG over the last few months (actually, it's more like the last year, not few months) is that they're very aware of the VAS limit and have kept that in the back of their minds while doing the T7 (and I'd imagine the NGX as well) - but they also stated that the T7 does use less memory (I think they've said this at some point). 

There are quite a few threads on here which address this issue, have a look around the forum and search for things related to memory. Chances are you've got quite a lot of scenery (both airport and photoscenery/ORBX) enabled which is what ultimately bogs down the system. You should get into the habit of disabling all airport sceneries you're not using on one specific flight, the same goes for photoscenery or any ORBX regions you won't be flying over - as these do add to the memory even if you aren't flying over it (wonders of the FS engine).

Assuming you have the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 in the CFG this is just a case of the memory running out (as FSX can only use 4GB) as you suspect. From what I've read from PMDG over the last few months (actually, it's more like the last year, not few months) is that they're very aware of the VAS limit and have kept that in the back of their minds while doing the T7 (and I'd imagine the NGX as well) - but they also stated that the T7 does use less memory (I think they've said this at some point). 

There are quite a few threads on here which address this issue, have a look around the forum and search for things related to memory. Chances are you've got quite a lot of scenery (both airport and photoscenery/ORBX) enabled which is what ultimately bogs down the system. You should get into the habit of disabling all airport sceneries you're not using on one specific flight, the same goes for photoscenery or any ORBX regions you won't be flying over - as these do add to the memory even if you aren't flying over it (wonders of the FS engine).

thanks for answerme

and how to disable one without uninstalling scenary

my card is 4 gb ram and seriously this and many other thoughts on this plane haunt my mind eh t7 thought much rather heheh hope my girlfriends help me

Scenery Config Editor is a great tool to disable scenery. On top of that, you can use Process Explorer to see how much VAS FSX is using.

If you see VAS approaching 4Gb in the middle of your flight, just save the flight and re-open it. That's how I do long haul without getting OOM.

Danny F

...and the M in RAM stands foooorrrrr?

In seriousness, if you don't have a top of the line system, you need to make compromises.  You can't run crazy high/dense scenery, with high levels of detail, high definition clouds and so on.  Setting up FSX is entirely dependent on your system, and you'll have to adjust the sliders to figure out what works best for your setup.

Kyle Rodgers

In seriousness, if you don't have a top of the line system, you need to make compromises.  You can't run crazy high/dense scenery, with high levels of detail, high definition clouds and so on.  Setting up FSX is entirely dependent on your system, and you'll have to adjust the sliders to figure out what works best for your setup.

Memory, he's talking about RAM memmory though :P

Just to add, at least it isn't as annoying as those who say NAT tracks. Those blighters need a cattle prod in the right direction  <_<

Just to add, at least it isn't as annoying as those who say NAT tracks. Those blighters need a cattle prod in the right direction  <_<

Shannon g'day - Speedbird 117 request oceanic clearance to JFK via NAT Track Charlie, FL340 M.83 (-;

Shannon g'day - Speedbird 117 request oceanic clearance to JFK via NAT Track Charlie, FL340 M.83 (-;

Yeah I know, if you've done a CTP on VATSIM it's a constant headache hearing this. I'm convinced people think the T in NAT stands for turnip.

Yeah I know, if you've done a CTP on VATSIM it's a constant headache hearing this. I'm convinced people think the T in NAT stands for turnip.

Or Tomato :-P

Never actually done a CTP! I'll be doing it (when is it next?) in the 777 (-:

Probably EGLL-KIAD - since they don't get enough love or something (for you, Kyle ;-)

Or Tomato :-P

Never actually done a CTP! I'll be doing it (when is it next?) in the 777 (-:

Probably EGLL-KIAD - since they don't get enough love or something (for you, Kyle ;-)

I think it already took place this year in March, unfortunately. I used to do it years ago back when my 'VATSIM friends' were controlling and a I'd fly along with a few other friends, so it was a real blast. Unfortunately most of them have got lives now, I don't, I just don't have too much time for simming (with the exception of a few months of the year, i.e. now)

Although, if it's in March again next year I'd definitely do it with the T7 and feel the wrath of my tutor for the lack of work :lol:

I think it already took place this year in March, unfortunately. I used to do it years ago back when my 'VATSIM friends' were controlling and a I'd fly along with a few other friends, so it was a real blast. Unfortunately most of them have got lives now, I don't, I just don't have too much time for simming (with the exception of a few months of the year, i.e. now)

Although, if it's in March again next year I'd definitely do it with the T7 and feel the wrath of my tutor for the lack of work :lol:

CTP Westbound was in March, but Eastbound is October 12th (maybe in time for us all go to it with the 777  :lol:). 

You guys can find the info and airport selections here: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=61671

EDIT: I mixed up my years, corrected now.

CTP Westbound was in March, but Eastbound is October 12th (maybe in time for us all to to it with the 777  :lol:). 

You guys can find the info and airport selections here: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=61671

EDIT: I mixed up my years, corrected now.

Westbound was in march. Eastbound is on Oct 12

Eastbound is on my birthday, must be a sign.   :p0502:

ok thanks for yours answer I worked perfectly fine pulling down the screen resolution and disabling almost all hehehe default scenary and just use my favorite routes but the other problem is driving me crazy 2d cockpit and landed eh always this and put the virtual play a cabin of a Posky