Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Scenery Issue with canUK Calgary (CYYC)

I installed the donationware canUK Scenery for CYYC - Calgary about a year ago when I went on a buying spree for addon airports.

I use FSX so I downloaded and installed P. Nigel Grant's fix for the FS9 version of the airport.  Nigel designed 4 .bgl's that help make CYYC work in FSX.  The one issue that I would like to correct is the terrain within the airport boundary that is not covered by runways, taxiways and tarmac.  If you look closely you will see in various areas that I have circled various textures that are called up like oceans, streams, roadways, office building's and an assortment of other textures.  It appears that the area within the airport boundary is covered in a similar fashion when I disable the .bgl's that have been designed by Nigel albeit totally different.

Anyone have an idea as to how I could fix this?  I am going to try the FS9 package without the modifications and see how it looks.  Could it be a landclass issue?

CYYC_canUK_FSX_zps2d9b35a8.png

\Robert Hamlich/

Sorry I dont have an answer but I'm sure someone will

I'm just wondering where you got the scenery from, I've been looking but haven't found it.

You can try emailing Adam or David, their email addresses are on this page:

http://www.fsnb.ca/canuk/

The email address was active as of August last year.

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm having the same issue, and since then I've been avoiding CYYC at all costs. Hopefully we can get in touch with Nigel, or the guys at CanUK to see if they've come up with a solution. 

Been told a totally new version is in the oven as we speak.

By CanUK?

That's good news. For those that use ORBX NRM this is needed. ORBX could've/should've done YYC or even YEG

Hopefully it has the new runway and terminal.

I'm having the same issue, and since then I've been avoiding CYYC at all costs. Hopefully we can get in touch with Nigel, or the guys at CanUK to see if they've come up with a solution. 

I'm going to see Nigel tomorrow and ask him.

\Robert Hamlich/

Peppy are there any preview's online?  Is it freeware or payware?

\Robert Hamlich/

Hey thanks Arslan I will give it a go, looks like Holger has come through yet again.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert, I suppose that you have isolated the 45 bgl listed in Nigel's patch, however this is additional, hope this will sort out your issue.

Arslan Nouar

I removed 79 .blg files out of the scenery folder, CYYC looks much better but there still remain some textures that cannot be removed to the north of the main terminal and on the west side near the tower.  CYYC is placed in the uppermost position in the scenery library.  I will have to read up on how to create an exclude or how to add grass and hopefully that will make a difference.

Fixed_CYYC_canUK_FSX_zps2fccbe1f.png[/url]

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

Something is not right, below is my screen, the second screen is the excluded files.

YYC

foll6r.jpg

Excl Files

5e8v0n.jpg

in YYC scenery folder I still have 469 bgl's.

Hope this can help.

Arslan Nouar

Thanks for the reply Arslan, I checked my folders and I have the same excluded files as yours but there are only 462 .bgl's and not 469 like you have.  I removed the 4 that Nigel Grant's FSX download has so that means there are still 3 that are missing.  Do you have the Nigel Grant .bgl's in your CYYC Scenery folder?

I think I will redownload the CYYC file and reinstall. 

\Robert Hamlich/