Sign in to follow this  
Guest tunka

PanelAsTexture

Guest Slacktide

1400 X 1050 for both FS and desktop. My eyes aren't quite good enough for 1600 X 1200Dan

>Why is everyone running at 1280x1024? This is not a 4:3>resolution. Objects are distorted. The correct res for 4:3 is>1280x960.>I agree, anything than 4:3 distorts panels/gauges on my 19". Circular gauges start looking like elipsoids. So I run it at 1280x960. I decided it was optimal resolution for me.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Bizzare. I took panelastexture out of my fs9.cfg file and the game runs smoothly now except it seems to hate autogen still after the patch and gives me an out of memory error. Oh well I guess it's a game of give and take when you run into bugs

Hi, "Man why am i the only one taking a beating on the fps with this setting. My friend tried it and his fps went up!"If I remember correctly, PanelAsTexture=x is related to the 2d panel which enable or disable the AGP, the result depend with your video cards. You may have lower or higher fps, depend with each system spec.And I don't know if this setting impact have change after the patch 9.1.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest tunka

Panelastexture out = less panel sharp and better fpstunka

Does 'Panelastextureout' mean '=1' or '=0'?Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hmm.. discovered something strange when having a look at the display.cfg file. In the section "NVidia on Win2k/XP" (or something like that) it says PanelAsTexture=2 for newer driver revisions.Does anyone know what this "2" option is good for? Didn't notice much of a performance change with it.Holger.

Guest tdragger

Here's what the various settings do. I got this information from "a friend of a friend of someone who really knows" so you'll have to take my word that it's the truth.Basically PanelAsTexture controls whether the tranfer of the 2D panel to the video back buffer is handled by the GPU or the CPU.Setting it to 1 offloads the work to the GPU which, in most cases, is where you want it to happen because the GPU is optimized for the operation. However, some video card/driver combinations can cause problems due to the way they handle filtering, mipping, etc.Setting it to 0 forces this to happen on the CPU and should only be done **if you experience graphics problems with it turned on**. Since video memory is not cached the lock-change-unlock process is very slow, hence the drop in FPS. Also, you cannot use anti-aliasing when PanelToTexture is turned off which is why some people might report that panels seem "crisper".A setting of 2 is more complicated to explain but basically is there to handle the case where different drivers need different settings. After scanning the config info FS still chooses a setting of on (1) or off (0).(And, BTW, the TextureAGP setting does nothing in FS9. In fact the app doesn't even read it.)In summary YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE 1 UNLESS YOU HAVE PROBLEMS!

Hi PaulActually it does if you use full screen but in window mode the Title bar plus the menu bar plus the taskbar all conspire to bring the ratio down to 4:3 thus giving round gauges as designed.This bugged me when I first got my 19" BenQ TFT but I have learned to live with window mode.Any other ratio with my TFT gives inferior graphics.As an aside, a CRT monitor set to a 4:3 ratio distorts in window mode and not in full screen.Regardsken ellis