Sign in to follow this  
HugoStiglitz

OOM error, no solution?

Free memory

Now that's a loose interpretation. Free memory of what? RAM, ROM, Address spaces etc?

Hmmm, hard to tell much from that, apart from it reporting your free memory as low. What is the cause?

As I stated earlier, it is caused by too many of the MSE States enabled in the Scenery Library.  Here is another config of the same flight/scenario as reported in Post 14 but this time I disabled all MSE States except the ones I planned to fly over (5 States - Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri).  No issues whatsoever.  I did change my LOD_Radius from 6.5 to 7.5 though.  Forgot to mention that in both scenarios, I also kept my FSDT and other commercial airports enabled.  In both FSUIPC reports you can see exactly what was loaded and how many FPS I got during the flights. 

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.90 by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=6A970000
User Name="Jim Young"
User Addr="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      109 System time = 13/08/2013 10:40:00
      109 FLT path = "C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      140 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
      140 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      218 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      218 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      218 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      218 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      218 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      218 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
      967 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
      967 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
      967 FSUIPC Menu entry added
      983 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
      983 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    15444 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700NGX WL\B737-700WL.AIR
    96549 C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\IFR KORD-KSTL.PLN
   118342 Weather Mode now = Real World
   201319 System time = 13/08/2013 10:43:21, Simulator time = 07:40:02 (12:40Z)
   201319 Aircraft="Boeing 737-7H4NGX Southwest Airlines (Nevada One) Winglets"
   204564 Starting everything now ...
   204564 AES Link established
   205594 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   253954 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 54 secs = 15.5 fps
  1548123 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
  1731096 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
  1972476 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
  2226524 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
  2627244 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
  2650925 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 2388 secs = 42.0 fps
  3436093 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
  4110657 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 1451 secs = 37.9 fps
  4115946 System time = 13/08/2013 11:48:36, Simulator time = 08:44:27 (13:44Z)
  4115946 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 3893 secs = 40.1 fps
G3D fix: Passes 88612, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 12, Separate instances 6
Memory managed: 1735 Allocs, 1735 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim, To be perfectly honest, I'm not clued into FSUIPC error codes or error messages enough to tell what is causing those low memory reports. It seems you only get them when MSE states are enabled, but you said this didnt correlate to an actual OOM crash. So one could assume that the existence of those low memory messages isnt a cause for a direct OOM in the sim (at least not without a lot more testing, and over many different PCs). If you could make a direct correlation between an actual OOM crash and having all MSE 2.0 states enabled (using a default aircraft in flight without any other extra add-ons), then that would certainly help. Looks like you have a lot of variables and extras going on and fixes made or adjusted by FSUIPC?

It may be the case that having a ton of MSE states enabled could potentially cause an OOM, but I am not persoanlly seeing it here on my system, and your mention is honestly the very FIRST we have heard of, and we do have a fair number of customers that have all the MSE states released so far. This is certainly not the "norm".

It would be worth investigating further, for the interest of furthering everyones knowledge anyway.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

To be perfectly honest, I'm not clued into FSUIPC error codes or error messages enough to tell what is causing those low memory reports.

Not to worry.  The fsuipc manual states the warning messages are made to let you know that you are getting close to running out of memory and you might want to shut down something or do something to regain more memory.  I know for a fact it is all of the MSE V2 sceneries trying to load in the background and that is taking up massive resources.  I have the issue under control. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok all good. If we hear of any other users reporting OOMs with MSE, we will investigate, but we are pretty sure this isn't the cause for it. Nonetheless, thanks for raising the issue.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories