Sign in to follow this  
Hubinwa

777 and FSUIPC

Now that we have many test pilots flying the T7, I hope someone has assigned some of their push buttons via FSUIPC to control this baby. I would love to hear details about how you have set up your controllers and cockpits for the 777.  

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

John,

I've got everything setup the same way I do in the NGX, other than adding a button to press the checklist button on the DSP (It's actually the same button I use for the HGS in the NGX). This way I can just hit the button to get checklist on the MDF, then when I'm done with the checklist, I hit it again and the screen blanks. Works great.

I fly with a serial PFC Cirrus Console II. It relies on PFCFSX.dll & FSUIPC.dll. Works perfectly.

I don't run throttles or reversers through FSUIPC. EVERYTHING else is assigned. Latest paid version of FSUIPC & WideFS- I update as Pete releases.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks guys, I get a lot of enjoyment using my own hardware and not depending on a mouse. My only PMDG plane is the JS41 and it is hit and miss regarding FSUIPC. 

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

I fly with a serial PFC Cirrus Console II. It relies on PFCFSX.dll & FSUIPC.dll. Works perfectly.

I don't run throttles or reversers through FSUIPC. EVERYTHING else is assigned. Latest paid version of FSUIPC & WideFS- I update as Pete releases.

How do you manage your throttles please?  I have a very old Cirrus II (serial port version) and I have a lot of trouble getting the throttles to not conflict with the AT. 

Just use PFCFSX.dll and assign axis' for aileron, elevator, throttles, reversers & rudder there. Calibrate there for THOSE axis'. Assign Flap and Spoiler in FSUIPC and calibrate those in FSUIPC. TRIPLE CHECK THERE ARE NO DUALLY ASSIGNED AXIS'.

Then use FSUIPC for all buttons & knobs... Making sure there are NO assignments that conflict in PFCFSX.dll.

At T/O start the clock, move throttles to 40/55% N1. Press TOGA and then move the throttles SMARTLY full forward. Leave them there until TOD where you will move them to the IDLE stops. Match position before A/T disco.

Make SURE you have distinct null zones at top and bottom of each throttle & reverser axis. You may have to assign "Throttle nCut" to a segment just at the first sensed position on the FSUIPC reverser axis, but make sure they are CALIBRATED and assigned in PFCFSX.dll.

Enjoy!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper