Sign in to follow this  
alexh617

Question for the betas

Don't know if I'm allowed or meant to ask this, but how is the beta going? How many problems and bugs have been found etc? If I'm not meant to post this I'm sorry, but I just thought it would be interesting to see how the beta is shaping up, the shots and videos have been amazing though :)

No offence intended, but ... how would you interpret a number of, say, 62 bugs?

Honestly, I couldn't draw any conclusions myself from either a bug count or from a "it's progressing well".

The T7 looks good and some day in the future, when PMDG people think it looks even better, they will be going to release it.

Not having ever participated in a beta test of any kind, I wouldn't know how many bugs to expect, I was merely interested to see what the number was like.

Also I know that it's ready when it's ready, and so I wasn't trying to see how much longer until release. And btw, no offence taken ;)

They are not allowed to discuss that aspect of the beta and there's really no reason to discuss it.

In general it depends on the software. Some developers will put something in to beta testing that others would consider to be finished. Some will put something into beta when it should have never left alpha. This from all the videos and photos seems to be the former!

In general it depends on the software. Some developers will put something in to beta testing that others would consider to be finished. Some will put something into beta when it should have never left alpha. This from all the videos and photos seems to be the former!

I think these guys beta an almost finished product , you just couldn't release anything for fs without wide beta testing due to the wide range of computer specs/ setups out there, coupled with some of the weird things we all do to the sim.

I think these guys beta an almost finished product , you just couldn't release anything for fs without wide beta testing due to the wide range of computer specs/ setups out there, coupled with some of the weird things we all do to the sim.

Agreed.

Testers are not allowed to discuss actual bugs or the process.

Do you guys have a release date in head already or are we still in the guessing zone ?

Do you guys have a release date in head already or are we still in the guessing zone ?

I am sure once they are happy that the product is ready and they have a release date nailed down, they will announce it.

John Sturm

Internal timelines and release dates are different things.

Even though every professional software development has internal timelines, a release date will only be announced when developers are quite confident that they will meet it. Robert said already (and he was quoted and referred to numerous times) that a release date will be announced some 7+ days before actual release.