Sign in to follow this  
qantas747

What are the differences?

And it's not just the 777 that has issues with range on the freighter, it's just about every other airplane for the same reason, be it the 747-400, 757-200, 767-300, MD-11, DC-10, A330....I think you get the point.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

...and let's all join together in the range song:

Quoted ranges are never a good indication of ranges to bet on.  I've said it way too many times on the forum here to repeat myself, but an empty 772LR will fly the same range as an empty 772F, provided they have the same options on the tanks.

The only huge differences is that one has been gutted of a passenger cabin (and has a supernumerary area immediately behind the flight deck for the extra crew to hang out).

For the same weights, they'll fly the same distance.  Max distances on websites are worth nothing.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Just reached this topic on the 777CBT

4zdzqHX.jpg

If I find any significant difference which haven't been mentioned yet (and warrants some interest), I will post it up.

The Boeing range charts for the 777F consider the aircraft stuffed to maximum ZFW with cargo which means the weight available for fuel before reaching MTOW is much less than the maximum fuel capacity.

The charts for the 777-200LR consider the aircraft full of passengers, but the total payload puts the aircraft far enough below maximum ZFW that the fuel load can be 100% without busting through MTOW.

All this talk about the MTOW.

Only want to know if the difference modeled? According to Boeings website the -200LR has a MTOW of 766,000 lbs (347,450 kg) and the -200F of 766,800 lbs (347,810 kg).