Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Possible to change maximum no of passengers?

Might have been asked before, but could not find any reference to it.

I know I can change the cabin layout between a single and a dual class layout. But is it also possible to change the number of passengers per class?

Reason I ask is because of the upcomming PXPF, where you can specifiy the max number of passengers on board. Different airlines have different layouts with different maximum number of passengers.

No biggie if it isn't possible, just wondering..

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

No biggie if it isn't possible, just wondering..

Currently, this is not possible.

The only thing that matters in the end is the weight.  Just make sure the weight matches between the programs.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Frank,

essentially fsx "feels" the pax as weight: you cannot change max pax config but you can always change payload to simulate "virtual pax" keeping in account that, if I well-remember ngx considers about 80 kg per pax (one man plus hand-luggage a woman should be 10 kg lower and a child/small boy 35 kg to be precise) and you can add 20 kg (max in most european domestic flight) as cargo per pax into the bays.

Ciao

Andrea

essentially fsx "feels" the pax as weight

Even the real plane "feels" the pax as weight.

It doesn't matter if I have people in those seats or the equivalent weight in feathers, it's all the same.  Weight is weight, provided it's distributed the same.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle...yes you'right naturally also real plane "feels" the pax as weight... :rolleyes:

Best Regards

Andrea

Weight is weight is weight is weight is weight is ....

Weight is weight is weight is weight is weight is ....

littering-and.jpg

Littering and...?

Kyle Rodgers

Not really, just repeating the same old phrase. Perhaps I should've included this: :wink:

Not really, just repeating the same old phrase. Perhaps I should've included this: :wink:

Nah, I knew what you were getting at.  It just reminded me of that scene...

Kyle Rodgers

Weight is weight - that's true. But the cabin config and thereby how weight is distributed when pax are boarding is another thing. How to know how much of the virtual pax weight should go in what compartment? Its not just 50/50. For inflight performance center of gravity is only important when you are close to the envelope edge. But for take off performance the center of gravity is very important in calculating trim settings and V speeds. It would be a great addition to an already great product if the NGX offered configurable cabin layouts. Just my opinion.

But the cabin config and thereby how weight is distributed when pax are boarding is another thing.

See Post #4.

"Weight is weight, provided it's distributed the same."

When you enter a ZFW, I believe it randomizes the distribution of that weight.  As such, it's just as good as randomizing how many passengers are in each section.

It would be a great addition to an already great product if the NGX offered configurable cabin layouts. Just my opinion.

See Post #2 and do a little reading between the lines...

Kyle Rodgers

If you use fspassengers you can edit the payload limits for any aircraft.

If you use fspassengers you can edit the payload limits for any aircraft.

Yeah, welll... except that FSPax does not work with NGX.

Yeah, welll... except that FSPax does not work with NGX.

Yes it does.