Sign in to follow this  
mslim

need POH or Flight Manual for LET L-410

BTW I do have a 696 page scanned POH for the L-410 but unfortunately it is in Cyrillic.  Surely there must be an English version out there somewhere?

There's an English POH/AFM + FCTM and Checklists on Scribd.com

It turns out that you can quite easily remove the "light leaks" by editing the bitmaps in the panel folder.

$panel_achs.bmp

$panel_Center.bmp

$panel_L.bmp

$panel_R.bmp

All you need to do is to make the black background 'less black', even just one notch on the RGB scale will make the transparency disappear.

88DzTb9.jpg

I'm not very graphically enabled.  Is what you describe done in Paint, Photoshop, DXTBMP???

Also is the greenish cast I see in your screenshot a result of the modification?

I was about to upload my Sanitized version but I will try Avantimes suggestion first.

Avantimes mod worked using DXTBMP.  When I edited the correct AC folder !!! :blush: I will now find out how to upload my effort !!   B)

Thanks Dozybee and Avantime!  Give the thread a bump when you upload.

Slim

I have uploaded my effort.

UploadID:         315580
Name:            LET 410

Due to the lateness of the night (more likely senile decay!) I forgot to erase my BlackBox debugger and some surplus extended bitmaps.!!!  :blush:

Window06 of the panel.cfg will have to be turned into "comments" or erased : ( Use Notepad ! )

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Switches
Window02=Throttle Quadrant
Window03=Radio Stack
Window04=Groza
Window05=GPS
//Window06=BlackBox3             De-bugger ! (comment out with the // symbols )

And below the VC10 window comment/erase this window thusly :

//----------------------------------------------------------
//[Window06]             Offending Debugger window
//Background_color=16,16,16
//size_mm=500,700
//position=0
//visible=1
// ident=BlackBox3

//gauge00=SperryAutopilot!BB3,0,0,500,700

If this is a problem I can upload the revised version if necessary.

dozybee

I'm not very graphically enabled.  Is what you describe done in Paint, Photoshop, DXTBMP???

Also is the greenish cast I see in your screenshot a result of the modification?

Sorry I was away for a while, I used Photoshop Elements but other image editing software (like DXTBMP as suggested by Dozybee) will do as well. The bitmaps in the panel folder (and the gauges assigned to specific locations in the bitmap via the panel.cfg) are like 'stickers' applied on to the VC textures. (in the texture folders)  Individual pixels in these panel bitmaps can be made transparent by giving them a color range value of Red:0, Green:0, Blue:0 - The absolute black value. Raising any of these color values by one and the transparency will disappear. This feature is used mainly for 2D panels, which require some parts of the bitmap (like the windscreen area) to be designated as transparent, but it also works in the VC.

What happened with this unfinished L-410 addon is that the Czech/Russian developers forgot to add VC textures for the front panels, and the panel bitmap 'stickers' have absolute black values around the background and edges, creating a transparent effect. With no VC textures + partially transparent panel bitmaps = light leaks around the edges.

Note if you use Photoshop to edit anything used in FSX, once you finish you must later open up the bitmap again in DXTBMP and save it again. Otherwise CTDs may occur when the textures are loaded into FSX. Note The bitmaps used in this L-410 panel are "24 bit Bitmap image" in the "save as" selection menu.

That greenish tint was just the cockpit lighting, I use SweetFX and it can get pretty dark in the cockpit. The Aspen EFD1000 is freeware (dnlk_efd1000.zip) available on Avsim - make sure you extract the Gauge CAB file to a folder inside your panel folder, and put the config file into that folder as well for the speed tape to work properly.

81iSv1V.jpg

Just one more thing, with the same method I've fixed the remaining light leaks around the compass. You'll need to copy and paste the fixed $panel_achs.bmp (or create a new 1024x1024 24-bit bitmap with a 'less black' background) and name it like $compass.bmp. Under "Vcockpit_05" make the section like this:

[Vcockpit05]
file=$compass.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$compass

gauge00=410GAU!M_Compass,  4,130,500,270

This will make the light leaks around the compass to go away. You can also make the bitmap 512x512 if you want to.

As of Wed. 09Oct13 1232PST I can't find it in the Avsim Library.  Has anyone had any success in downloading in 315580?

Slim

mslim,

AVSim library,  FSX section, AC repaints textures & modifications     Title= LET 410.

Incidentally, My $panel_achs.bmp was incorrectly repaired but will not impair the flying.

I have renamed the 3mb   $panel_achs.bmp    as     panel_achs.txt   and sent it to this blog.

Download it ( virus check it), rename it, replace it in the panel folder and see if will work. ( It will remove the light leak around the clock panel.)

Apologies for  the odd hiccups !!

No apologies necessary!  Stellar job indeed.  Many thanks to Dozybee and Avantime.  If anyone needs my English switchpanel and overhead bmp's just PM me and I will send them. 

I know Dozybee is fond of the old school Sperry autopilot but I have cobbled together a nice GPS/autopilot popup window using default FSX gauge components.

[WindowXX]  
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,300//
window_pos= 0, .60//
window_size= 0.200, 0.40 //.500
window_size_ratio=1.000
//position=6
visible=0
ident=GPS/Autopilot
type=SPECIAL

gauge00=B737_800!autopilot, 0,0,456,60
gauge01=fs9gps!gps_500,  0,60,456,240
gauge02=..\..\Maule_M7_260C\panel\Maule_M7_260C!switch_nav_gps, 0,220,30,35

Highest Regards,

Slim

For those with an interest in the download mentioned in the above blogs---------38297-PWDT-L410UVP.zip  (Let 410 ) I have found and repaired the hydraulic

gauges on the VC3 cockpit. Download the 3 files, remove the .txt and append .xml and replace the old ones (Usual precautions!!)

in the --Panel, 410GAU, part of the AC folder. The panel.cfg should be ok as is. I have also used some spare panel lights to

indicate the ok state. Good Luck!

dozybee

Mslim,

After enquiries on FSDeveloper, Heretic pointed me towards the Avsim library. A LET 410 repaint folder is available at

FS2004--AC repaints,textures and mods. There are lots of LETs and the one I am testing is: let_410_paintkit.zip.

If you care to dabble this could be the way to go. I am going to attempt to create my local CityWing livery.

Hope this helps.

dozybee