Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

In regaurds to the Carenado G1000

I may be one of the few people that really like the Carenado G1000. Ok let me first say that my first Carenado plane to have it was the Cirrus SR22. I bought it the day it came out. I loved to plane, it was sublime but the G1000 killed my experence it 2 ways first it was very heavy on the frames (bummer). Second it was NOT very usefull (a bigger bummer). For me the avionics need to have a point other than to look good. I really don't think many people know anything about the real G1000. Or how to use it efectively. It seams like most of the videos on youtube and screenshots from various users are flying the G1000 with the startup display screen on the MFD!!! I have over 200 hours in real life flying a Cessna 172 sp Cessna 182 turbo and a Grumman Tiger all with a G1000. One of the biggest advantages of switching from traditional steam gauges to the glass for me was the situational awareness from the MFD with all of the maps and terrain options. Carenado has done an excellent job in rendering this, although its not perfect. It's missing roads and towers ext. but the GPW display is really nice. Also you can switch from TRACK NORTH or HEADING up mode. You can go into the MENU and change almost all of the parameters of the unit. This is something that I think people don't realize you have at your disposal. On top of that since they finally fixed the G1000 for the Cessna 182 and SR22 we have gained the ability to create edit and remove flight plans, giving us back a major function an ability of this unit. Even if LPV approaches aren't modeled this G1000 stand to be in my opinion on par with the Flight 1 G1000.

The aircraft I base this on are the

Flight 1 Cessna Mustang

Flight 1 Cessna 182T Skylane

Flight 1 Beechcraft C200 (This plane has the safe taxi feature, "really cool")

Carenado Sr22

Carenado TBM 850

I didn't get the Carenado 182t because I already had it from Flight 1

My personal conclusion is this. The Carenado G1000 has many features that some people might not know anything about. The documentation doesn't hardly cover anything indepth. For what Carenado's G1000 was early on is now usable, functional and well polished. Is it complete? No it isn't. But it is so much better than it was when it firs came out.

Carenado makes great addons for people who are not hoping to have to turn every switch at the exact right time. Carenado knows there market, and how to satisfy those who are in it. The G1000 seems to be great now that they have made it nice on frames, and the SR22 is a great plane.

Cobra can you pass on a video tutorial something basic is fine for me as I was thinking of getting the Carenado TBM 850 but not sure how much it will take to figure it out and you state that it is usable so any help would be great.

Rich Sennett

The reason this IS NOT on par with the F1 is because there is no way to update the database. You cannot fly /G online with out of date navdata.

Other that the product is pretty good and better than most lite G1000's.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |