Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Anybody Got The Carenado C337 Skymaster From Flightsimstore.com?

I purchased the Carenado Skymaster from www.flightsimstore.com back when it was released. Hearing that the new 64bit compatible version 2 of the aircraft has now been released I went to re-download about a week ago. It looks like they still only have the original version 1 on their server. I sent an email asking when they plan to have the new version 2 for download but never got a reply after a week or so.

Did anyone else get their Skymaster from Flightsimstore? If so have you had any luck getting the new version 2 downloaded?

In the same boat with them for the C210 Centurion update.

No replys to emails or from their support contact.

Trevor Golding

I learned the hard way myself too from another reseller and that's why now I only buy from Carenado.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Alexander Colka

Yeah, it's normally best to buy directly from the actual designer, that way you will always have access to all the updates. I think you should email Carenado and show them that you have the receipt all of that to prove that you really did purchase the aircraft and see if they will send you the update, it's worth a shot if you can't think of anything else! 

Thanks for the advice guys I'll try once more to get in touch with someone at FSS before I get in touch with Carenado.

Bear in mind there are a couple of advantages to buying this stuff from somewhere like FSS and not direct from Carenado:

i) Carenado only allow you three downloads of the product before you have to contact them to re-download. FSS gives you 100 downloads.

ii) Carenado only accept credit card payment. FSS take Paypal, which is my preferred method of payment online.

Hi EngineRoom

Have you got any further in your update request  ???

I sent Carenado a email, if it was possible for them to help.

Reply sent to me.

Unfortunately, this is a problem on the vendor's end, and it is one that they should have an interest in resolving, if they want returning customers.  Carenado has done its part in providing all the resellers with the updated versions of the planes. but some online stores, especially those with little X-Plane market experience, have proven to be less than stellar in terms of their customer support/service.

Lesson learned, don't donate money to resellers.

Regards

Trevor Golding

You really were unlucky.

Contrarily to your experience I bought from FSS the FTX Global ORBX product, and had a problem soon after.

Contacting their support was not only very fast, but they did their best, and actually solved my problem the best and fastest way I could ask for. It was a perfect example of high quality support.

I never bought any X-Plane stuff from them though.

Yet, I had a similiar problem as I was having a bad experience each time I wanted to update my WL 777 for X-Plane, which I got from Aerosoft, and I am taken to believe that it was not their fault, but rather a bad support from the original distributor to their commercial partners.

The latest updates to that product were really getting me mad, because it took weeks to get them from Aerosoft while, at the other store, they were immediately available! Well, no longer a problem... I'm not using it anymore, and I really wish I could get a refund!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.