Sign in to follow this  
Guinevere783

OXC1 Error FSX2crew Windows 8 Headset could not be determined

Hi everyone,

saw this problem before, someone with FS9 FS2004 running program on Windows 8, but cannot fix it the same way for FSX could anyone advise for a work around. Just re-installed everything from a system with Vista and everything worked then. Have tried compatibility mode, Re-installation and all the admin rights installation, do I need then to install using the new higher admin feature? if so how? have updated all drivers and also found that there may be an incompatibility with Xonar Dg sound card and have re-installed original driver from disk supplied. The installation seems to pause for a while without doing anything and then continues and tells me certain Dll's could not be installed??? correctly. I seem to have a similar problem with FSX2crew PMDG 747 but the MD11 sound works fine. I am trying to run FSX 2crew for the PMDG 737-800 and on the config Panel I get under Headset (Could Not Be Determined) The settings for Eu, UK and US voices is visible tho!

please help?

best regards 

Jenny

Inel® core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

16GB RAM

64 bit Windows 8 OS  

120 GB SSD with OS installed

2 TB HDD

1 TB External HDD

have updated all drivers and also found that there may be an incompatibility with Xonar Dg sound card and have re-installed original driver from disk supplied. The installation seems to pause for a while without doing anything and then continues and tells me certain Dll's could not be installed???

Hi Jenny,

You might want to contact your Xonar Dg Sound Card support people.

It sounds like your sound card is not playing well with Windows 8.

See this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/hardware/asus-xonar-dg-windows-8-cant-detect-my-sound-card/701ce261-4d2b-4d81-ae94-92ddc3896457?msgId=12913f51-d8d5-4c00-b1d3-f9dcbf99a295&tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

Hi Again,

thank's for the quick response, I think you are right, I have solved the PMDG 747 FS2Crew Issue simply by re-installing but PMDG 737 FS2crew still a problem I will keep you updated, I do Like the Xonar DG sound that is being produced this is the only compatibility problem with it so far. 

best wishes

The Error I am picking up when selecting PMDG 737-800 is as follows- C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try Installing the program again using the original media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status OXc000012f

don't know if this helps?

Apparently This error refers to an Incorrect format....

Is that what Xonar DG said?

Can you try with a different headset?

Your headset it seems does not like Windows 8 or the Microsoft XACT audio engine.  That's what this file is associated with:

Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6dll 

Yes I have ordered a USB Headset rather than Plug in Asus one, I am having the same error for Carrier Command Gaea Mission on Steam. Still Waiting for it tho!. 

Just Tried the Onboard soundcard as this was a good fix for Vista and still get the same Errors, so that rules out the Xonar DG for sure with it I think! Still Think it to be a Windows Eight Problem! But tried compatibility mode with no luck. 

Ok I know everyone is probably playing with the 777 right now but microsoft has informed me that the FS2 Audio DLL needs to be in the Windows/System 32 folder. How can I do that? don't know where it went? Going to look at the 777 now. :-)

microsoft has informed me that the FS2 Audio DLL needs to be in the Windows/System 32 folder.

The installer would have put the DLL In the correct folder (SysWow64) since you probably have a 64 bit system.

Did you ever get your new headset?

Yes, Works Great With FS2crew PMDG 747 and MD 11 But still no voice Sound for PMDG 737, When I re-install every time the installer pauses and then seems to skip the installation of the sound files. The Voice control version works fine too for the PMDG 737 but still no sound. The sound for everything else works fine even have installed Cabin Crew and that works fine. I'm Sure Windows 8 is putting them in the wrong place, I will keep Looking. Keep sending error reports to MS. 

but still no sound.

Everything is working and installed properly... you just have an audio problem.

Ensure your Audio Speaker Config via the Control panel is set to "Stereo" not 7.1 or 8.1.

If you need help, PM me and we'll do a remote desktop.