Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

FSX memory usage with the 777

Can anyone give me an idea how much memory FSX is using with the 777 loaded? PMDG minimum requirements state that the 777 might run on a 32 bit OS but it isn't supported. So basically 32 bit users buy at their own risk. I'm trying to get an idea of what memory usage actually is to see whether it might be worth a shot running it under XP-32.  Migrating to Win 7 64 bit from XP would be a major headache, apart from the additional cost of the new OS. Given PMDG's refund policy (or lack of one) I don't want to buy the 777 and then find it won't load on my system.

If anyone has managed to get the 777 running using 32 bit windows I'd be interested to hear how well it runs.

Thanks in advance.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have Win7x64, but was getting FSX using about 1.4-2.0GB of RAM depending on scenery.  I had it running on 4GB of RAM, but if you run lots of addons (WX, FSInn, etc.) you could get RAM shortages.

That sounds around about what the NGX uses on my system.  Thanks Allan.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I was actually wanting to inquire on that as well, as I run REX Textures, FSInn and have multiple addon Airports (Most FSDT, KMIA) and also wanting to get FSGlobal, and I am scared that with this 777 my computer will keep on running out of memory

With all the FIXs my FPS normall runs out of memory @ around 2.5G-3G. Never even makes it past 3

That sounds around about what the NGX uses on my system.  Thanks Allan.

There's also a video out there of one of the Beta testers showing his stats on some type of process viewer...

Heeere it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq6CkTjVqpU

Skip ahead a bit until you see him showing his desktop (after the MD80 stuff).

Kyle Rodgers