Sign in to follow this  
khaledmr

A few minor problems and suggestion.

Hi, first of all I just wanna say congrats and good job on this fine product. As an avid flight simmer and real life 777 pilot, I thought it was pretty impossible to model the speed trim function on the 777 accurately and also the auto throttle function during landing whereby you leave it on all the way to touchdown. PMDG once again beat the odds. Well done on the Non Normal Checklist as well!

Anyway, I experienced a few minor problems.

1- Innacurate STAR tracking at WMKK/KUL NIPAR3A rwy 32L arrival at position NIPAR. The aircraft turned ahead of the track and ended up right off track before flying back to the intended route.

2- I get NO AUTOLAND a few times. I left the failures based on service ON. Is that the cause?
3- I noticed the RAD/NAV is Manually tuned to the SID NAV. For.eg when I selected AGOSA.A 32R departure out of KUL/WMKK, the radnav is manually tuned to M116.10 VKL. It should be Procedural tuned

and read as P116.10...then after departure it should automatically revert to AUTO.

Suggestion(not related to problems above):

1-If possible can you include options to manually overide the throttle during FLARE phase only(around 100ft below)?

2-and also if you could add Malaysia Airlines livery pleeeassseee!!!!

Thanks,

Khaled

Concerning number one could this have been due to winds? Concerning number two did you get any failures?

Concerning number one could this have been due to winds? Concerning number two did you get any failures?

Number 1, wind drift are all catered for in the tracking. In real life, ATC would have warn us because conducting a RNAV STAR requires ANP to be less than or equal to the RNP. Anything more is unacceptable.

No 2, nope. I believe its a software glitch. This aircraft able to do a CAT 3 with single engine. Small malfunction wont affect the autoland capability.

Suggestion 1 (+1)

Currently holding F1 to bring the throttle to idle at 50ft 

Will do that for the time being. Thanks :)

Khaled,

1. I'll try this and see what I get. It could be a navdata issue.

2. Can you give me a specific reproducible scenario where you see this?

3. I'll note this in the bug tracker.

----

1. Good idea, I'll ask.

2. Malaysia fictional 200LR is now available. If you could set the options up like your company and mail me the new ini file from the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\Aircraft folder at rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com I'll integrate it into the livery.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

2) Procedural tuning is simulated. However there is a known bug that sets the VORs in manual tune mode when power is cycled. This will happen if you start with a cold & dark state. We have identified and fixed this issue for the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Khaled,

1. I'll try this and see what I get. It could be a navdata issue.

2. Can you give me a specific reproducible scenario where you see this?

3. I'll note this in the bug tracker.

----

1. Good idea, I'll ask.

2. Malaysia fictional 200LR is now available. If you could set the options up like your company and mail me the new ini file from the FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\Aircraft folder at rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com I'll integrate it into the livery.

1. I also noticed there's a bug at WMKP NURLA 1A STAR. Maybe the database is the real issue.

2. I was doing the ILS  rwy 04 at WMPK/PEN airport. flaps 20 on g/s capture,Gears gown at 1800ft, flaps 30 set at 1300ft and fully configured for landing at approx 1000ft. The NO AUTOLAND appeared approx at 1500ft (just like the real plane,hehe). IIRC, I did cold and dark cockpit start, during approach the ILS freq stuck at departure rwy freq, so I manually tuned the ILS freq. Maybe that caused the problem?

----------------------------

3. Thanks a tonne with the MH livery! Really appreciate it, despite having lots of Q & A in the forum!

2) Procedural tuning is simulated. However there is a known bug that sets the VORs in manual tune mode when power is cycled. This will happen if you start with a cold & dark state. We have identified and fixed this issue for the next update.

Noted! I do noticed some other abnormalities when I did cold and dark state but I'll wait until the next update and see if it still there. Most probably it'll be gone by then.

Noted! I do noticed some other abnormalities when I did cold and dark state but I'll wait until the next update and see if it still there. Most probably it'll be gone by then.

Khaled,

I tried this after we fixed the C&D dark issue and the VORs still tune to 116.10 VKL in auto (A) mode and not procedural (P) mode. This is caused by the NavData we are using. The AGOSA.A 32R departure does not contain the VKL VOR itself (in this case you would get a "P" tuning) but it contains a VKL09 fix. However, the NavData format does not provide any extra information so that we can recognize that this fix is related to the VKL VOR.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg