Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

no tail logo light

ive only flown emirates livery but noticed no logo light illuminating the tail despite the switch being on at night. all other lights ok

kav

If you are on the ground not on ground power then this is correct. The airplane sheds electrical loads when on APU. It is mentioned in the introduction.

Dan Downs KCRP

ive only flown emirates livery but noticed no logo light illuminating the tail despite the switch being on at night. all other lights ok kav

Read the Intro Manual.  Please.

What's happening is the plane is exhibiting what's called LOAD SHED (pull up the ELEC synoptic - it'll be there).  If there isn't enough power to power the things that are necessary, it'll kill the unnecessary things like the logo light.

When going from one power source to another, it will also do this until it is fully configured on the new source.

Now - again - you should really read the intro manual.  There's a ton of information in there.

Kyle Rodgers

but its not lit at anytime including when airborn

Plus I have been on ground power too and its not been illuminated. basically ive never seen it illuminated in any state and ive been reading as much of the manuals as possible in the time ive had it thanks

kav

You have to turn on lights in the fmc for dusk and dawn, this might have something to do with it.

Rich Sennett

Plus I have been on ground power too and its not been illuminated.

Always check the ELEC synoptic to ensure LOAD SHED is not displayed. If it is, you're probably not going to get a LOGO LIGHT.

Are you looking at night?  In the day/dust it's not going to be obvious at all.

Jump to 2:30:30 to see where I point out the LOGO being off, the ELEC synoptic showing LOAD SHED (but it finishes its reconfig right as I point it out, so it disappears right after I bring the window up), and once LOAD SHED is gone, I go back out and show the light working just fine.

Kyle Rodgers

You have to turn on lights in the fmc for dusk and dawn, this might have something to do with it.

Hi

I cant find any reference in the fmc to dusk dawn lighting only floods and splashes in daylight options which are enabled.

I am in cruise in the pitch black . no load shed warnings and no logo light.

kav

I cant find any reference in the fmc to dusk dawn lighting only floods and splashes in daylight options which are enabled.

That option only helps in dusk and dawn.  Hit MENU > PMDG SETUP > and look in those options menus (I forget which one).

Is the generic FSX box for "pilot controls aircraft lights" checked?

Kyle Rodgers

generic pilot controls aircraft lights enabled yes but been through every page of fmc options and can only find ref to floods and splashes flood colours and light key assignments that's it

kav

Its in there you have to dig, keep in mind there are many pages to each category - you need to hit next page in some of the category's in the fmc

Rich Sennett

generic pilot controls aircraft lights enabled yes but been through every page of fmc options and can only find ref to floods and splashes flood colours and light key assignments that's it kav

Are you loading from a saved panel state?

Kyle Rodgers

was a cold and dark state yes

kav

was a cold and dark state yes

That's the problem, then.  There's a problem with that panel state, as noted in the pinned tracking thread at the top of this forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks was indeed the problem logo now lit after starting new panel state

kav