Sign in to follow this  
wrf2e

Long Haul Tutorial

Hi all,

I have been reading these forums constantly for the past few weeks as we got closer to release day.  I have never done a long haul flight in the sim and believe now that we have a stable time compression ability I will be doing many of them.  My thing is I am reading a bunch of terms that I am somewhat familiar with but not 100%.  I know that with long haul flights there will be lots of things to learn in order to do it properly.  I also imagine I am not the only one in this position (mostly flying shorter flights within the U.S.). 

Unfortunately my T7 is still in the PMDG hanger as I am still getting the financing terms worked out with my bank (wife).  I was wondering if there is anything in the PMDG documents or somewhere out on the interweb where I can learn about how everything is different outside of domestic short hauls.  For example: NATs, Step Climbs, Auto-Cruise, Polar Routes, ATC differences in other countries, etc..  If not, it would be awesome if one of our members with the heart of a teacher could do some kind of program to get everyone on the same page.  I would pay for something if it were done right.  Kinda like those King School videos for pilot training.  I am imagining a full "course" with videos and reading material.  Obviously I am looking for something geared toward the PMDG 777 but a generic overview would be fine too.

Just a thought.

Wesley Frost

Angle of attack will be releasing video based training for the PMDG 777. I have it for the MD-11 and highly recommend it to help learn how to get the most from ur sim.

Hayden Chapman

Kinda like those King School videos for pilot training.

I totally would, but I don't have the 70s hafro to do that.

lvidcap_656.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

I totally would, but I don't have the 70s hafro to do that.

lvidcap_656.jpg

We can get you a wig!

Angle of attack will be releasing video based training for the PMDG 777. I have it for the MD-11 and highly recommend it to help learn how to get the most from ur sim.

Awesome...I will check that out!

We can get you a wig!

haha - I'd totally wear it...whenever I get up the bollocks to actually include video of myself in my videos...

Kyle Rodgers

Angle of Attack looks to be exactly what I was looking for!  Can't wait to get my hands on both the T7 and AOA material!

I even watched their two pre-release videos but I didn't catch on to what AOA was!

you need to wear the wig and watch both King schools ans Bob Ross painting videos on youtube so you can learn  70s theme :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ..... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

you need to wear the wig and watch both King schools ans Bob Ross painting videos on youtube so you can learn  70s theme :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ..... 

Great - then when I [mess] something up, I can salvage the situation and call it a "happy accident."

...if only the NTSB would classify similar.  :P

Kyle Rodgers