Sign in to follow this  
zhao

Out of Memory - On approach only

Hi all,

The new PMDG 777 is awesome. However, I do have one issue. Whenever I am on final with an add-on airport, my computer runs out of memory and FSX crashes. I know I have enough RAM (8 gigs). I have read that it is an inherent FSX issue since it is a 32 bit program. Any suggestiions to alleviate this issue.

Many thanks,

Tony

8GB of physical ram has nothing to do with maximum 4GB VAS. Only thing you can do is lower your settings and disabe some sceneries that might get loaded in but what you dont use for specific flight in hand.

Ted

Hi all,

The new PMDG 777 is awesome. However, I do have one issue. Whenever I am on final with an add-on airport, my computer runs out of memory and FSX crashes. I know I have enough RAM (8 gigs). I have read that it is an inherent FSX issue since it is a 32 bit program. Any suggestiions to alleviate this issue.

Many thanks,

Tony

Are you running Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

32-bit system of Windows will support ONLY 3,25GB of RAM.

64-bit system of Windows will support MORE THAN 3,25GB of RAM

You should upgrade to 64-bit. I will send link for more info about OOM (Out of Memory) later.

Hi all,

Many thanks,

Tony

Pls. check the T7 intro manual.

All addon scenery you aren't using for the flight should be disabled in the scenery library. That means flying from LAX to SFO, you don't need Tampa, JFK, BOS, or EGLL, etc activated. All other scenery as well besides airports. Photoscenery is notoriously bad. You don't need more than 1024 texture max load. You won't tell the difference. And if you can and want 4096, you have to choose; 777 or slightly better textures. Be very careful with LOD higher than 4.5. You can go higher to 6.5 sometimes with the. I wouldn't recommend it with Orbx or large amounts of autogen. AI traffic as well uses a lot of vas. I run 40% ut2 and that seems ok. Still have to be careful at large hubs though.

Hello zhao,

what kind of settings, in particular the LOD radius, are you using? Furthermore, are you using UTX sceneries? They are quite heavy on VAS usage.

I have flown about 30-40 hours with this bird and (absolutely) no errors or OOM so far. I performed also some long haul flights departing and arriving from/to complex airports (FSDT, Flightbeam...).

So, I would suggest to check your settings, they are probably too high.

Bye.