Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

LOW FPS? Trial this with me?

Why would you think there is an issue with the ND?

I have just tested this value, as suggested. And have found my FPS increasing by 5 fps :)

Best Regards,

Xander Leegsma

But that's the point of this page. You may get an increase in performance by changing the setting.

The page isn't called performance for no reason. :-)

The default setting with the "--" is an "unlocked" mode that matches the update rate to the sim's framerate. We asked the testers if they saw any adverse effects from this and none did. I certainly don't either. What this mode does is remove the possibility of any frame skipping due to a mismatch between the sim framerate and the displays. To a lot of us this looked much smoother and truer to the real life units than 15 or whatever does. If you set it to 8 or something you're going to run into situations where the sim and the display refresh get out of sync and it skips frames. (concept is very similar to monitor/video card refresh rate)

As George said - this is why we have those performance pages. If you think you're getting a benefit out of changing them, then go for. Just saying from our end though that we didn't see any adverse effect in the test groups for using the unlocked mode, so it became the default.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The default setting with the "--" is an "unlocked" mode that matches the update rate to the sim's framerate. We asked the testers if they saw any adverse effects from this and none did. I certainly don't either. What this mode does is remove the possibility of any frame skipping due to a mismatch between the sim framerate and the displays. To a lot of us this looked much smoother and truer to the real life units than 15 or whatever does. If you set it to 8 or something you're going to run into situations where the sim and the display refresh get out of sync and it skips frames. (concept is very similar to monitor/video card refresh rate)

As George said - this is why we have those performance pages. If you think you're getting a benefit out of changing them, then go for. Just saying from our end though that we didn't see any adverse effect in the test groups for using the unlocked mode, so it became the default.

Thanks for the reply, just a question. I have reset the value because of the lag on my displays. But how is it possible that i can run the NGX with 30 fps locked and the 777 only with 20fps. Could you (or together) investigate the possible problem. Cause i heart about an amazing fps increase on some machines, but why am I not experiencing this. Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Xander Leegsma

I did get a slight increase from this (on the ground from 8 to about 10) which brings it closer to being flyable, but not quite there yet.

have tweaked some iterations on playing these numbers but it seems no amelioration on my FPS in VC mode of my PMDG777.

Yu

What I don't get is why I can't tell the difference when I set the fps to 5 or 8, it still seems smooth. Do you have to restart the airplane first after making those types of changes?

I see an increase of 2 fps with the ND set to 15 but then it stutters so I set it back. I'm getting 21-23fps on the ground in EHAM (Aerosoft) which is the "worst" performing scenery I have.