Sign in to follow this  
T1492

"Pilot Response"

I see this "Pilot Response" come on screen sometimes in long cruises and I believe my action is to press the warning button (or a FMC button works too).

Is this like the safety feature in modern trains?  To keep the attention of the pilot from sleeping?  I did not know this feature was in any aircraft!

It is another interesting and amazing feature created by PMDG.    Just out of interest though - in case I need to leave the PC - can this be turned off?

I did not see it in the FMC settings, by maybe I missed it?    Maybe it has a different name in settings?

Thanks

Shomei Yokouchi

Have you taken a look at the introduction documentation?

I am working my way through all documentation but English is not my native language (I make some use of Google Translate sometimes) and, understandably, the PMDG documentation does not come in Japanese. :wink:

So sometimes it is ok to ask for a little help?      Or not even help.  I just wonder more about this feature and did I understand it's function ok.

Shomei Yokouchi

During normal operations the crew should be interacting with the aircraft on a regular basis. If the interactions are not occurring the aircraft alerts the crew. On long flights, there is a risk of pilot fatigue. It can be turned off through the options pages.

One other thing to try is the forum search function. There is extensive information on this is other threads.

Believe me, I just had the need to find that option myself just 10 mins ago (currently cruising transat EGLL - CYUL).

In the CDU:

PMDG Setup - Aircraft - Equipment - Page 9/9, last option --> Crew Alertness Monitor

Mathieu Souphy

It is another interesting and amazing feature created by PMDG. Just out of interest though - in case I need to leave the PC - can this be turned off?

I did not see it in the FMC settings, by maybe I missed it? Maybe it has a different name in settings?

PMDG didn't create this amazing feature, Boeing did.  And yes, you did miss it in the CDU option list (and the manual apparently).

ki9cAAb.jpg

Shomei:

Boeing put this in on long range aircraft where crew fatigue and or boredom lead to unwanted lapses of monitoring/concentration.  With designated crew changes and rest periods this is better, but in the quiet hours of early morning, in the middle of the Pacific, after dead heading from DFW to LAX to fly out, it is still a good feature to have.  Obviously, if you will leave her to fly unattended for any length of time, disable it in PMDG/OPTIONS in your CDU.

Enjoy!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

PMDG didn't create this amazing feature, Boeing did.  And yes, you did miss it in the CDU option list (and the manual apparently).

Why the unkind attitude?    I explained that I am reading manuals but that it is not so straightforward for me.

It is nice to be kind to people, when you can.

Thank you to the other people for the help       I have now found the option.  It was called "Crew Alertness System" which when you are still learning English is easy to misunderstand because I was looking for the message "Pilot Response".     I understand now.

Thank you for your tolerance.

Why the unkind attitude?    I explained that I am reading manuals but that it is not so straightforward for me.

It is nice to be kind to people, when you can.

Thank you to the other people for the help       I have now found the option.  It was called "Crew Alertness System" which when you are still learning English is easy to misunderstand because I was looking for the message "Pilot Response".     I understand now.

Thank you for your tolerance.

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to be unkind, I meant it in an ironic way but such things can get lost in a forum.  You're opening post used very good English and to be honest I didn't read your name, which would have given me a clue the language might not be easy for you.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to be unkind, I meant it in an ironic way but such things can get lost in a forum.  You're opening post used very good English and to be honest I didn't read your name, which would have given me a clue the language might not be easy for you.

Hey. it's no problem. Just a misunderstanding. Thank you for clarifying :smile: I hope you are enjoying the 777 as much as I am!

Shomei Yokouchi