Sign in to follow this  
feisty

Can't delete default terminal in new FSX addon scenery

I've installed a very nice new freeware KALB addon scenery and no matter what I try I cannot get rid of the default terminal building. When I start FSX at a gate at KALB, there are no jetways and my plane is half in the old terminal building.

I've tried both excluding it and then deleting it from the basic airport bgl using ADEX with no success. , I searched for duplicate AFCADs but with no success.

Seems there is ghost hiding somewhere.

any suggestions?

The default AFX did you delete it (or move it to another place), you should try to. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\scenery\0302\scenery move or delete APX28160.bgl

The default AFX did you delete it (or move it to another place), you should try to. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\scenery\0302\scenery move or delete APX28160.bgl

Sorry but if you are advising the deletion or moving of a stock airport Bgl file then this is a serious no-no. Most stock airport bgl files cintain more than one airport and it is possible to wipe out a whole area in this way. The file you reference has 265 airports in it.

The golden rule is never to edit, move or delete a stock file.

In this case it sounds like either the addon airport has not excluded the stock airport or there is an issue with priority. It is also possible that the exclusions related to the terminal are in another file. Perhaps it you tell us what addon this is we can take a look

Sorry but if you are advising the deletion or moving of a stock airport Bgl file then this is a serious no-no. Most stock airport bgl files cintain more than one airport and it is possible to wipe out a whole area in this way. The file you reference has 265 airports in it.

The golden rule is never to edit, move or delete a stock file.

In this case it sounds like either the addon airport has not excluded the stock airport or there is an issue with priority. It is also possible that the exclusions related to the terminal are in another file. Perhaps it you tell us what addon this is we can take a look

Well now I know....

Did you possibly get an FS2004 scenery? Can we get a picture?

I searched for duplicate AFCADs but with no success.

Seems there is ghost hiding somewhere.

Another way to search for Duplicate AFCADS is to use AFX, Start up AFX Then do a search for your airport in AFX once the results are shown there should be a Stock KALB and a Mod Connect AFX to your sim and Click on either MODS to see wich one higlights your ghost AFCAD At times you get 2 Mods and 1 stock .

Remember to click From FSX in AFX This program works for bothFS9-FSX

The scenery is Albany International Airport KALB_301546.zip Tyler Lawrence. I do not own AFX but sounds like a good idea. I tried to delete the terminal object using ADEX in the APX28160.bgl file but it did nothing. Didn't save it to file. Something is allowing default terminal and not allowing jetways. Too bad nice scenery.

I tested the files and see no default terminal, which indicates you have another addon for the airport.

Can you post a screenshot of the offending building?

regards,

Joe

[edit]

What gates are you placed in the building at?

[/edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

The scenery is Albany International Airport KALB_301546.zip Tyler Lawrence. I do not own AFX but sounds like a good idea. I tried to delete the terminal object using ADEX in the APX28160.bgl file but it did nothing. Didn't save it to file. Something is allowing default terminal and not allowing jetways. Too bad nice scenery.

I've also tested the files And no Default Buildings here in MY Fsx also all my jet ways are showing up fine.

Perhaps Joe's right you may have another scenery for this area Look carefully within your Addon Scenery folder for KALB Or Albany Airport 

As already mentioned, you should not try to edit the stock file. However if you opened the stock airport in ADE then you are creating a copy of the airport. If you did not compile your changes then they will not show up in FSX.

It seems though that the terminal you are seeing is not from the stock airport. In that case you need to look elsewhere as already suggested.

Sent from my Sony Xperia with Tapatalk 2

I got the problem when installing a scenery just a day ago.....

1. Open ADE

2.Select file and press open BGL.

3. Where you placed KALB look at the (file)/scenery

4. Open the AFX (bgl file)

5. On the tor right(of the toolbox) you see a green polygon click it and highlight the affected areas. EX

QZQH91g.png

6. Compile and save.

5(if 5 doesn't work try 5 again and do this) select the exlude button (a yellow square) and from the top right to bottom left of the affected area highlight it.EX

nVVThIG.png

5. On the tor right(of the toolbox) you see a green polygon click it and highlight the affected areas. EX

QZQH91g.png

6. Compile and save.

5(if 5 doesn't work try 5 again and do this) select the exlude button (a yellow square) and from the top right to bottom left of the affected area highlight it.EX

nVVThIG.png

If it is the default terminal #5 will not remove it. Terminal buildings are not autogen.

#6 might work, might not. Exclusion rectangles can be fussy sometimes.

In this case #6 is redundant anyway as the scenery in question already has an exclusion for the default terminal.

My bet is still on there being another addon for the airport.

Until feisty comes back with more info, like a screenshot of the building in question, all we can do is guess.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

If it is the default terminal #5 will not remove it. Terminal buildings are not autogen.

#6 might work, might not. Exclusion rectangles can be fussy sometimes.

In this case #6 is redundant anyway as the scenery in question already has an exclusion for the default terminal.

My bet is still on there being another addon for the airport.

Until feisty comes back with more info, like a screenshot of the building in question, all we can do is guess.

regards,

Joe

Well it worked for me

As already mentioned, you should not try to edit the stock file. However if you opened the stock airport in ADE then you are creating a copy of the airport. If you did not compile your changes then they will not show up in FSX.

It seems though that the terminal you are seeing is not from the stock airport. In that case you need to look elsewhere as already suggested.

Sent from my Sony Xperia with Tapatalk 2

Scruffy Duck Speaks!  Holy Smokes!

I haven't been on the FSDeveloper site in quite some time, but man, it's good to see you post around here, or anywhere else. Good to see that you cruise through now and again Jon!  Hope your well.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Im going to have to agree with joe on this one, My FSX has no default  Terminals in the way after installing this scenery  and all my jetways are showing up just fine

My guess is theirs another Scenery for that airport creating a conflict on hiis sim hopefully Feisty will come back and provide us with a screenshot with the offending building 

I posted a screenshot with the airport in question above and as you see  everything is fine after installing the KALB scenery.

If his sim was indeed using default airport and he still sees a terminal conflicting after installing the KALB scenery in question   then i doubt the terminal he speaks off is from the default airport.

One more thing i Belive ADE works just the same for FSX as it does for FS9 where you shoulnt have to create an exclusion rectangle for default generic buildings. All you have to do is select the default generic buildings rigth click and within the sub menu select delete. After the BGL Has been compiled ADE Will make a copy of the airport BGL Wich u can save in ADDON Scenery/Scenery and the default generic building tha was deleted will not show upl after reloading the sim as the newly created ADE.BGL takes priory over the default Airport BGL (keep in mind this only works on default generic buildings,Default parking spots,windsock heck you can even delete the runway,but don't or your sim may crash after trying to reload it so leave the runway alone lol)

I like to keep all my Edited ADE Airports in one folder [ADE Edited Airports /Scenery] I Also keep all my AFX edited Airports in one folder

feisty's issue has to be coming from anorher addon scenery on that airport but we dont know for sure