Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Mouse Dropping FPS

There's nothing we can do - the 777 is using the exact same system for clickspots that the NGX did.

I don't understand why some are seeing huge drops - I see a 5 or 6 FPS drop in both the NGX and the 777, not some huge 20FPS thing.

Ryan, I have a high end system, properly tuned.

I spoke to you about this when the NGX was released, and you mentioned my AA settings. But when I asked you what AA settings you were referring to you didn't reply.

Yes, this is an FSX bug, and yes, personally, I see a BIG drop in frame rate with both the NGX and the T7. Not at all 5 or 6 frames. Other add-on's I see the 5 or 6 frame drop you mention.

It's not a huge problem for me, because my frame rates are high, and I can afford to take a momentary drop while the cursor is on the screen, or indeed I can move the cursor... but if you know of an AA setting, or any other setting that would minimise this, like you intimated the last time we spoke I would be interested in knowing what that setting is.

What do people here not understand?? Its an FSX bug! It happens with every aircraft, just more noticeable on the NGX and 777, or any high end payware. A properly tuned high end system will minimize this. There is nothing PMDG can do! Call Microsoft and complain why they laid off the whole team before they could release a patch for it, it is a flaw deep within FSX that we can get around by putting the cursor in the top left corner.

Alex

I have a properly tuned high end system and no, it's not minimized.

So you shouldn't be definitive about this.

i understand the problem, the thing here is that when im in the pmdg 777 the cursor never hides, do anybody knows how to fix this?

Daniel Murcio

Funny, I've never experienced mouse fps drop despite reading a lot about it. Not even when I ran FSX on a 2011 Qosmio gaming laptop. Wonder why?

Andre

Funny, I've never experienced mouse fps drop despite reading a lot about it. Not even when I ran FSX on a 2011 Qosmio gaming laptop. Wonder why?

Same here!  Makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.   :wink:

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL