Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Replace my GTX480

I wouldn't waste too much time with your purchase.

The Hynix Fab in China that produces various Ram for the market, including Nvidia, has just gone up in flames.  I am in this line of business and the maket is very nervous indeed.

-Iain Watson-

What about the same card in Asus, MSI or Zotac? Or EVGA will be better?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Not sure about the 770, but the 670 FTW shares the same basic architecture with the 680 (unlike the 660 and lower series). I have a EVGA 670 signature series GPU and am very satisfied with its performance. Takes everything my 3770K @ 4.5 ghz can throw at it and then some. Regards

What about the same card in Asus, MSI or Zotac? Or EVGA will be better?

They're all pretty much the same unless you buy an overclocked one or one with a better cooling solution than the original nvidia heatsink/fans. Don't expect huge performance difference. Gigabyte makes one with the "windforce" cooler which is super super silent and efficient. They have them with 2Gb and with 4Gb.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_770_oc_2gb_gddr5.html

http://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_770_oc_4gb_gddr5.html

Linus has a good review on non-reference current nvidia cards that might help you for choosing a 770.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

They're all pretty much the same unless you buy an overclocked one or one with a better cooling solution than the original nvidia heatsink/fans. Don't expect huge performance difference. Gigabyte makes one with the "windforce" cooler which is super super silent and efficient. They have them with 2Gb and with 4Gb.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_770_oc_2gb_gddr5.html

http://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_770_oc_4gb_gddr5.html

Linus has a good review on non-reference current nvidia cards that might help you for choosing a 770.

Just read in TomsHardware that for sure EVGA without any doubt...

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk 2

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Today is the day!!! My new EVGA GTX770 will arrive today!

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Congrats Jose. We'll be waiting for a report on the new video card.

NAX669.png

Ok! Time for initial review, without any complete flight, but testing it these two days...

First, i can say that with my new EVGA GTX770, FSX is a different and better experience! Is more smoother in very scenrios and now i can say i hace a VERY ROCK SOLID FSX PC.

For example, now flying with very cloud conditions is a pleasure, an autentic pleasure... @dazz get me a saved FSX flight to test GPU named GPUMark, it is very strong, and with my old GTX480 i had about 20 FPS on it. With the new 770 and same options i'm having 40 FPS in same flight... Incredible! Same using the Opus Weather 5 (predefined Opus weather that it install), and flying the PMDG 777 around Aerosoft LEPA, with very very cloudy and wet conditions, i'm getting around 35-45 FPS... I repeat, flying FSX in general but above all in cloudy conditions is a PLEASURE!

Taxing at ground in LEPA with the 777 with 35 FPS... NGX runs fantastic too... I'M LOVING MY NEW GTX770!

For sure, have a good GPU is very important for FSX too, not only a CPU. Now i have two good thing and a solid FSX...

Only one thing that i've read from others users too... With the 777 when mouse is in screen there are a FPS drop...

PD: All the FPS measures went from FRAPS

PD2: I have put the FPS for the ND/PFD in 777 at 15 in the CDU... Otherwise it drop FPS.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Sounds like your GPU was the bottleneck in your system. I've owned the GTX480 and its a perfectly capable GPU for a platform running in the low 3 Ghz range. Its completely out of its league when running along side an overclocked I7, though. Regards and congrats

Sounds like your GPU was the bottleneck in your system. I've owned the GTX480 and its a perfectly capable GPU for a platform running in the low 3 Ghz range. Its completely out of its league when running along side an overclocked I7, though. Regards and congrats

Yes, possibly this was the cause... Now are perfect.

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk Pro

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg