Sign in to follow this  
JPPeterson

ATC Comm only an eye candy?

Hi Guys,

2 question i have for which i cant find any infos in the manual.

1. When i press the Comm Button i have in the middle console the touchable ATC Control Panel. But anyway which freq i take, i doesn´t work.

Is this activ? Or only an eye candy?

2. The Weather Radar is untouchable. Also only an eye candy?

Thanks in advance

FSX default ATC doesn't work.

• You need to ensure the COMM receiver and MIC switch are both active. You will not hear or be able to say anything on the real airplane either without these.

If you're referring to the COMM Multi-Function Display page (that you select with the Display Control Panel), this is just a filler. Furthermore, in the real aircraft, this page is for datalink communications only.

For voice communications, you should use the normal radio tuners on the aft pedestal.

Thanks for reply,

and yep, i mean the CMM Multi Function Display.

Are their any plans to let this work in the future?

What do you expect to work here? Data link communication with your airliners headquarters?

Where would the data come from?

This is a whole standalone project, that would require someone (virtual airlines?) to set up online servers and transmit data to the 777 on request. Far beyond the scope of the 777 project.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Regarding weather radar, PMDG's position on this subject is very clear and as been explained many times : they don't model it because it can't be done accurately in FSX as they're not able to know where rain is (which is what a weather radar depicts).

Also, you need to sign your posts with you full name... forum rule !