Sign in to follow this  
sinandgrin

Missing N1 Fan Texture with Custom Painted AC

I took a stab at painting my own fictional 777 yesterday and aside from this one issue was successfull. I read through the manual from the paintkit and also I couldn't find any comments on the forums so I thought I would post here to see if others have had this problem.

I am missing the N1 Fan in both engines with my custom 777 paint job. As far as I can tell this is the only thing that is missing. I made sure that my Texture.cfg file had the proper fallback references, which it should since I simply copied it from the paintkit. I even tried coping the pmdg_777_misc.dds and pmdg_777_misc_parts.dds files from the texture.common200LR folder into my custom texture folder but still had no luck.

Here is what I am talking about, any thoughts?

MissingN1_zpsf1a2be16.png

Here is what I am talking about, any thoughts?

Did you load the 777 in some other livery and then switch to your custom livery?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you load the 777 in some other livery and then switch to your custom livery?

Humm, I did have a Flight saved as the default which loads each time FSX boots up to the Free Flight screen. I would normally then change my aircraft and other preferences before going flying. I did have the 777 in the PMDG house colors selected as the aircraft in that saved flight file. So I went in and changed the default flight so that it would load the FSX C-172 instead when FSX boots up, and then changed my aircraft to the PMDG 777 in my custom livery and the Fans now show up. I guess that fixed the problem, thanks for the tip Kyle!