Sign in to follow this  

Have you tried using 3 screens before to see if you like it? Maybe at a friends place or something.

Personal preference for me is one larger screen.

I've just gone from a 24" 1920x1080 to a 27" 2560x1440 screen. For me the increase in size was nice but it was the increase in resolution that really blew me away.

Hi, i haven't tried 3 screens before. I tried 2 screens on my old 550ti, but the fps drop was big.

I thought that with the GTX 680 the fps drop would be minor if using 3 screens.

I like the wrapping effect of 3 screens, being able to see from the sides...

What's your experience of realism with on big 27" 2560x1440 screen?

Hi, i haven't tried 3 screens before. I tried 2 screens on my old 550ti, but the fps drop was big.

I thought that with the GTX 680 the fps drop would be minor if using 3 screens.

I like the wrapping effect of 3 screens, being able to see from the sides...

What's your experience of realism with on big 27" 2560x1440 screen?

With 2560x1440 I find the extra screen real estate on the desktop etc fantastic.

As far as FSX goes the extra clarity the higher resolution gives adds more realism and immersion compared to my old 24" monitor. I couldn't go back to a lower resolution now.

Hallo

Which GTX680 do you have because I am thinking to upgade to this card also,

thanks

I have GTX680 4gb for Gigabyte

Hi All,

In the mean time i have tried a lot of things. i have adapted the CFG file, i have tried with a new CFG file, i have reduced AI traffic to about 40%, i have tried some other Nvidia inspector settings...

But all with not much to no improvement.

In all my test i have tried the same situation:

- Parked at CDG X gate 18 with PMDG 737-900 NGX daytime (REX weather) - 16-17 FPS

- Taxiing to runway - 18-21 FPS

- Flying in clouds - 22-25 FPS

Maybe i should conclude that may system can only handle this much...

But now i am getting some lines (not artifacts) on the screen, like in an old movie. It's not very present, but it is anyoing anyhow.

Anyone have had similar lines?

Thanks

Just did some quick research on the lines. This could either be cable, GPU or Power supply.

Try wiggling your cable on both the monitor and video card and make sure it's secure. Otherwise I think you need to take a look at your PSU or GPU.

Personally I still think your PSU could still be an issue but not 100% sure.

Just did some quick research on the lines. This could either be cable, GPU or Power supply.

Try wiggling your cable on both the monitor and video card and make sure it's secure. Otherwise I think you need to take a look at your PSU or GPU.

Personally I still think your PSU could still be an issue but not 100% sure.

Strange thing is that i only get the lines in game... Not when being on desktop for example...

GPU isn't being "pushed" on the desktop but it is in the game, thus drawing more power.

Could be either GPU or PSU I think.

GPU isn't being "pushed" on the desktop but it is in the game, thus drawing more power.

Is there a way i can test whether the PSU is delivering enough power...?

Hi,

I just bought a new PSU: Corsair 750w. I will see whether there are improvements.

I have set the clocks of the cpu back to standard for now. 

Did not see any major loss of fps going from 4.2ghz back to 3.4ghz.

This hasn't been asked here, and it may seem obvious, but do you have power cables attached to both of the 6/8 pin power headers on the card? I've heard of this sort of performance drop if one or both of the GPU power jumpers are not or are poorly connected. Also, daisy-chained jumpers to these power headers could be a problem--the reason there are two of them is to allow power to be supplied from two separate rails on lower-end multiple-rail PSUs.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

This hasn't been asked here, and it may seem obvious, but do you have power cables attached to both of the 6/8 pin power headers on the card? I've heard of this sort of performance drop if one or both of the GPU power jumpers are not or are poorly connected. Also, daisy-chained jumpers to these power headers could be a problem--the reason there are two of them is to allow power to be supplied from two separate rails on lower-end multiple-rail PSUs.

Regards

Dear,

Thank you for your advise. I guess both where connected but i'm not sure.

Yesterday i bought a new PSU and now they are both connected.

I will do some testing and see if there are any changes.

Regards

It seemed that my Gigabyte GTX680 4GB was defect. I gave it back to the shop which benchmarked it and confirmed there was something wrong with it.

I have to wait 4 weeks now for it to be repared or replaced.

Hopefully my patience will be rewarded.