Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How can RAAS be permanently disabled?...

I also believe David is right. Slewing around, especially at that speed, doesn't load the airport scenery. It leaves a blurry scenery with only basic airport scenery loaded, if at all. I've been reading around a lot about this, and have confirmed that if you fly directly over an addon airport enroute to your destination, your VAS will unnecessarily grow, just like it would if you were landing at that airport. If you pass 2-3 airports enroute to destination, you are most likely to get an OOM. Same would happen if you flew from LA to Vancouver, had lots of FTX airports and regions, and all that with the NGX/777, you can be quite sure to receive an OOM.

Can we stop with the black and white with OOMs?  I'ts not even the point of this thread.

For what it's worth, I flew over several add-on airports on this flight, along with flying over UTX/GSX USA and UTX/GSX Europe:

http://www.vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=12322965

No OOM, clearly.

There's no magic pill.  This isn't Alice in Wonderland, or The Matrix...

Kyle Rodgers