Sign in to follow this  
Maxloading

Click spots, one more please

HI,

Although all click spots works beautifully and are very useful I would like 1 extra one if possible at all.

Instead of pressing the letter A 3 times to arrive at the upper panel would it be possible to have a click spot under WXR on the MCP panel,or have a toggle key ( F9) to do the same thing.

I have my panel set in a certain way and with a toggle key I have a quick access and do not have to reset anything.

Thanks for a wonderful plane.

AlainV

I would also appreciate a MCP click spot for the CDU/FMC. Or did I miss that one. When I look straight out at 0.8 zoom I always hit shift-whatever or pan down do 'open' the FMC...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

... or have a toggle key ( F9) to do the same thing.

If you edit your aircraft.cfg (you'll need to do this for both the Pax and Freight versions), you can do this. Find the section that says "[CameraDefinition.3]

Title = "Overhead Lower Panel" "

add the following:

HotKeySelect=2

and F10 will go to the overhead panel. F9 will take you back to the main VC view.

Steve Caffey

Thanks for the tip Steven,F10 works fine but when I try to use F9,nothing happens...

AlainV

F9 is the default for the VC in FSX, so it should unless you somehow changed it or something else is overriding it (such as EZ Dock or Opus camera). In your main FSX folder there's a file called "cameras.cfg" Open that and make sure that the entry that has "title = Virtual Cockpit" ends with "HotKeySelect=1" 

Steve Caffey

I would also appreciate a MCP click spot for the CDU/FMC. Or did I miss that one. When I look straight out at 0.8 zoom I always hit shift-whatever or pan down do 'open' the FMC...

Already added for the next update, as a right-click functionality on the already existing clickspot for the EFIS/MCP pop-up.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Ok,I did check what you wrote and it's all there but no change. Anyway it's not a real pain but it would have been faster.

On the Aerosoft airbus it works fine,I will give a closer look,thanks anyway Steven.

AlainV

Already added for the next update, as a right-click functionality on the already existing clickspot for the EFIS/MCP pop-up.

Funny since I asked about that a few days after the plane was released and was essentially laughed at and told to just pan down. Ryan said it hurts FPS to add click-spots and one for the CDU wasn't needed. They have a click-spot for the MCP when you can just pan right, but they couldn't add one for the CDU?